Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another new toy.........

Old 08-09-2006, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another new toy.........

Because of family and work obligations my 3D season is pretty much over, so I have been shifting gears into getting ready for this winters indoor spots season. I plan on shooting in 2 leagues this winter, both of them being 450 vegas target leagues, as well as a couple of the larger indoor shoots in the northeast. This is hopefully the year for my first 450 and 60X......[8D]

Anyhow, yesterday was my b-day, and somehow all of the gear for my new spots rig showed up at the same time yesterday from brown and usps. I was lucky and managed to strike a deal with one the local pro staffers (Travis Boyd) and trade him up even for my blackout blue regular Apex for this A7. Here are pics and specs............she's sexy isn't she?

A7 - Bold Liquid Gold - 58lbs - 30R powder coated cam
Gibblet flour orange/Black speckled 452X string and cable
Copper John Ants Evo2
CR Apex small target scope
Currently a 6xcr/feathervisionzeiss coated glass lense
Cartel deluxe vbar and carbon/aluminum siderods
Doinker carbon elite 31.5"
Trophy Taker Spring steel 1 hole .010 - wide blade

I am thinking of selling off the 31.5" doinker to get something a bit shorter, like the 25" doinker quadraflex. Even with the side rods it seems a touch top heavy and I don't want to add weight to the back, there is already quite a bit of mass weight on this setup. I plan to get another scope barrel assembly as well with a larger CR Apex 3D scope w/4x lense, and fiber up pin for use in field and 3D open stakes. For indoor I will be starting using the gold tip 30X pros, these things fly great for me out of my 70lb A7 so hopefully they will be good indoors too and help me grab a few extra lines.

Tonight I get to tune the whole thing and hopefully have time to shoot a quick 300 vegas game with it. See the biscuit there too? Once it is all setup I am going to shoot a few games with that too just to see how it shoots compared to a spring steel blade.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:37 AM

Default RE: Another new toy.........

Awesome Bow Rick, I sold one that color, and it is super cool

I like the whole set up. except for the v-bar - I like just an offset for indoor. CR makes a orange ring that you can stick onto your housing - works great for me.

This is hopefully the year for my first 450 and 60X......[8D]
Well 450's I have a few of..........but that darn 60 is still eluding me.............got 5 or so 59's.........but they don't count anymore.LOL........This will be my 4th year heavy into indoor.

I had a terible time with the 30x pin nocks..........hope they work better for you

Good luck and that is the bow to do it with.......................

Old 08-09-2006, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ogl
ORIGINAL: Rack-attack

Awesome Bow Rick, I sold one that color, and it is super cool

I like the whole set up. except for the v-bar - I like just an offset for indoor. CR makes a orange ring that you can stick onto your housing - works great for me.

This is hopefully the year for my first 450 and 60X......[8D]
Well 450's I have a few of..........but that darn 60 is still eluding me.............got 5 or so 59's.........but they don't count anymore.LOL........This will be my 4th year heavy into indoor.

I had a terible time with the 30x pin nocks..........hope they work better for you

Good luck and that is the bow to do it with.......................
Do you come to any of the indoor tournaments in the capital region around Albany, like Guan Ho Ha, or the NYS Vegas Triple Crown that ends up at the Egg? I have a few 448's so far, and have been shooting 10 and 15 yard games as part of my coaching and have quite a few 450's from those distances. Hopefully this fall I will hit that first 450 from the 20 yard line so I can do it in league this winter and maybe even at a tournament.

The 30X pin nocks seem to do much better when using the non translucent colors. The ones you can kind of see through are VERY fragile though......I don't shoot these arrows at single spots anymore. I did with quite a few when setting them up for the NYS ASA championship, and if you even wack one lightly from behind they ended up cracked. I just keep a bag of them in the quiver with me at all times and change them often. I do wish I could find an easton super g nock bushing that would fit them though......
Old 08-09-2006, 08:09 AM

Do you come to any of the indoor tournaments in the capital region around Albany, like Guan Ho Ha, or the NYS Vegas Triple Crown that ends up at the Egg?
Some of my customers/shooting buds do............they stink up the joint......LOL

I havn't had the time, with the shop, to go away. And I won't until I think my practice game is good enough to win. There is enough guys shooting 299 48x on those lines - I ain't gonna be another

maybe this year - the last 6 months has been awesome - I think I made that next level - my sight picture and execution have been superb and consistant, its really exiting to shoot , when I have the time now.

I did alot of ten yard drills the past two years - I think they work well. They let you relax through the back end and let it happen.

Thats great that you get to shoot all those tournys and have a coach[:-][:-]

Maybe one day for me
Old 08-09-2006, 11:23 AM

hey rick everytime i take a piss you get a new rig i wished that worked for me ide take a piss every 5 minutes. LOL
anyhow good lookin setup ya got there.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats...cool lookin bow!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:13 PM

you didn't like the flo yellow and black speckled one? that orange does look real sweet on there. man that's a nice looking bow.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

you didn't like the flo yellow and black speckled one? that orange does look real sweet on there. man that's a nice looking bow.
Well the other staff shooter has a lizard green A7, and saw mine and liked it more on the green bow. I liked them both the same on mine, so we swapped.........[8D]. Thanks!!

Old 08-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Happy Birthday!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

nize set up