Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Old eyes renewed

Old 08-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Spike

Default Old eyes renewed

Just wanted to let all you folks out therewith tired eyes and are having trouble seeing you pins, that there is help out there. When I looked at my pins I would either see 2 dots or one big oblong one. I had a verifier peepsight installed a few weeks agoand can now see the pins clearly without any distortion of the target. Just love that thing. Only those of you with eyes like mine could understand.

http://www.specialtyarch.com/verifier.htm

Silver Fox
Old 08-08-2006, 07:21 PM

Default RE: Old eyes renewed

Maybe I need one.....heck, I can barely read your post....[&:][8D][&o]
Old 08-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was thinking the same thing, mobow!! No wonder you're having trouble seeing things!!! [8D]
Old 08-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

And the target stays just as clear as it was before? I just don't understand how this would be possible.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I was thinking the same thing, mobow!! No wonder you're having trouble seeing things!!! [8D]
What? Who's there? Show yourself, dangit! Stop makin all that racket!!

I see your lips moving, but I can't hear you......[8D]

Not until you acknowledge me and answer my PM...
Old 08-09-2006, 04:37 AM

hey silver, if you end up hunting in the rain, make sure you have some kind of cover over your peep - 1 drop of water and you won't see a thing.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well there's one I hadn't heard before. Thanks for the heads up Gibblet!
Old 08-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Spike

JOE PA, for me it is very clear. Even at 40 yards I can stillread the words Yellow Jacket on my target (which are 2 1/4 inches high) just as good asif I weren't looking through the verifier.

I wear 1.75 reading glasses. We used the weakest verifier lense they offer. I sort of thought it would work for me because one day Ihad an old pair of myreading glasses(much weaker than the 1.75 ones that I currently use)on which I can read with but not very good.When I looked at thewall and further everything was still clear so at that point I decided to give the verifier a try. Really glad I did.

Gibblet, I had already thought of that and have tried it. You are 100% correct. The way it is installed in the string a small piece of something can be used to lay over the sight. You canremove it when needed and if you forget evenafter you are at fulldraw you can stillpull itout with you teeth. I foresee no problem there. Evenif you want, you can carry the wrench they provide and take out the lense if it is raining or snowing. I personally don't archery hunt much in the rain for tracking reasons but Ido hunt if it is snowing which also could cause a problem if not protected.

Hope this helps,
Silver Fox

Old 08-09-2006, 03:08 PM

good thinking silver
Old 08-10-2006, 07:43 AM

Silver Fox thanks for reporting you luck with it.

I understand cause I have the same trouble. At 40 yards the pin blurrs out the 4x4 block diamonds. I'd like to try one out before buying one. I guess I have to start looking around for dealer.

Quick Reply: Old eyes renewed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.