Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whats the smoothest/fastest bow under 4 lbs?

Old 08-08-2006, 02:32 PM

Default RE: Whats the smoothest/fastest bow under 4 lbs?

Have to agree with Greg and Rack..the Tribute is a great bow with little shock and a smooth draw with the smooth mods. Right around 4 lbs bare.
My tribute rips and shoots darts!!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:37 PM

For the lightest bow you can try the High Country carbon fiber riser compounds. They come in rigged at well under 4 pounds but they kick like a mule. It's super light but I don't feel the quality is all there yet (limbs, limb pockets and coating need work). I'd prefer either the BowTech Tribute or Allegiance, as mentioned by others. They have about a pound more weight but the quality is much higher and they shoot a lot smoother. For true weight savings, shoot a longbow!
Old 08-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smoothest, fastest,...under 4 pounds....

A recurve sounds like it would fit the bill but thenI would just be a smart aleck...

Certainly High Country makes very light quick bows...Their Sidewinder Carbon is suppose to be a mere 3.1 lb.

Darton Maverick extreme....3.7 lbs

Diamond Triumph 3.6 lbs IBO 308-316...that's smokin.

Parker Hornet 3.8 lbs 310-330 depending on the brace.

The all time light weight is the unique Liberty II...2.3 lbs 300+ IBO but then sling shots don't weigh much...

Old 08-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the replies........I like all the suggestions...Parker, Tribute, and on and on........I'm going to be shooting a bunch. When I said 4 lbs. I did mean just for the bow. The next thing I'll be analyizing will be the assesories.

Example - the rest Trophy Taker or Drop Zone A Trophy Taker is about a third the weight of a Drop Zone. So I'll have to weigh out all the top rests, sights, quivers. A stablizer just isn't going to happen....I haven't shot one for the last 3 year on my Patriot. Its just a bunch of extra weight to carry around!
Old 08-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geeees...Elite Archery 500 pretty lightweight way under 4 lbs and advertised pretty fast.....I haven't heard much about these?

Anyone shoot'em?
Old 08-09-2006, 07:53 AM

Geeees...Elite Archery 500 pretty lightweight way under 4 lbs and advertised pretty fast.....I haven't heard much about these?

Anyone shoot'em?
STAY AWAY......IMO.........That bow no longer can be built...........
Old 08-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rack-Attack,
Do you still sell Bowtechs?Elite will be coming out with different specs in'07--don't be misleading people now
Old 08-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Isecond the stay away from the Elite Archery comment. One they are exact copies of Bowtechs aside from the Bransdale limbs. The company was founded by the old Martin girl. She married the lead designer for bowtech. He was giving her the desings and Bowtech fired him. There is a court order that is effectivly forcing Elite out of buisness. So far they are having probelms getting there bows on dealers shelves. Why should i think that they candevelop andproducesa completely new design and get in on dealers shelves soon after the deadline. Fact is they cannot get a stolen design on dealers shelves.

I believe they will be out of buisenss this time next year. I woun't find it the least unforutunate either. Had Elite came out with there own bows to begin with, rather than stealing Bowtechs designs they would be giving the big three a run for there money.

I've read alot about this over at Archery Talk. This is the first time i've posted my feeling on it and will probably be thelast. Only time will tell what will come of this mess.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting.....I saw some today at a local proshop.....they looked nice and my first thoughts were they looked like Bowtech copies. They did feel lighter though.

thanks
Old 08-10-2006, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cartman308,
You got ALL your facts from AT[:'(][&o].You should try opening your eyes!Maybe try thinking for yourself instead of being someone parrot![X(][:@]

Quick Reply: Whats the smoothest/fastest bow under 4 lbs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.