Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow rest tuning

Old 08-07-2006, 12:47 PM

Default arrow rest tuning

ok i was wondering how where is the correct elevation for an arrow rest. is it supposed to be lined up with the threaded hole in the bow where u attach the whole rest. my rest is an whisker biscuit drop tine qs and there really isnt an elevation adjustment deal on it so whats the deal with that, like is it designed to be perfectly the right height for all bows? thanks.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: arrow rest tuning

Yes line your arrow with that threaded hole. If it is to high you might have problems with your pins and may go out of view. I've done it before. Tuned my hole bow and then went to sight it in and my pins were to high and I couldn't see them.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:07 PM

If you can't move the rest up/down then you have to tune by moving the nock point up/down the string. I usually line up the shaft with that mount hole or just a touch above it if there's a clearance problem with large vanes in the cock down position touching the riser.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:55 PM

Start with your rest set up so the arrow is lined up with the hole in the risor the rest bolt goes thru. And if you need to make large adjustments move the nock on the string. If you want to make small adjustments you can move the rest slightly up or down. Try to have the arrow as close the hole as you can though.

Some drop a ways require the arrow to be slightly higher than the hole to get good clearance. Should not be an issue with the WB however.

If you can't move the rest up or down to compensate for this get a different rest because it's a POS rest in my opinion.

Paul