Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? for trophy taker shaky hunter users

Old 08-04-2006, 03:41 AM

Default ? for trophy taker shaky hunter users

Just had a Shakey hunter installed on my new tribute and would like to know how or what you guys are using to prevent the arrow "hop" at the end of the draw cycle when the arm lifts? Mine lifts very drastically and will actually bounce the arrow off of the launcher and sometimes hit the sight or riser sight window. Any suggesstions or is it just me?
Old 08-04-2006, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ? for trophy taker shaky hunter users

go with a WB you wont have them problems.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:25 PM

I only did that whenI was tired and could not draw smooth. IfI lowered my draweight I did not do it near as much. So in my case it was me, drawing too hard and fast instead of smooth. As I shot alot and became stronger I didnt do it anymore.

I have seen people with other rests do it as well if they are drawing too much weight.Most shooters (me included)tend to set our draw weight much higher than we can COMFORTABLY draw.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing...BTW i will never use a WB again!!! Noisy and destroys fletchings.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:59 PM

I don't have any problems like that with mine, sounds like your cord lenth might need to be tweeked a little. good luck!!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:16 PM

BEARBUSTER66- do you think maybe shortening to raise the rest sooner? Atco...huh. I'm in Mantua, Gloucester Co.Many nights drag racing at Atco Raceway.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:32 PM

It's a good place to start,they have great tech @T/Tkr IF YOU WANT THE PHONE NUMBER LET ME KNOW ....GOOD LUCK
Old 08-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Krazyvan, makes me wonder where your draw stop is located in relation to where it should be for your draw length. Sounds like your yanking it back in a jerky motion and once the cams turn over there is a drop into the valley before the draw stop hits.
I've played with both the smooth & speed modules and on both there wasn't a very big valley until I increased the draw stop location in order to provide what I felt was most comfortable for my style of shooting.
If your bow is heavy for you to draw & you’re shooting the speed modules with the draw stop a little further than it should be I could see in those conditions where it would feel that way.

I currently have a TT on my Patriot and the only time it will do what you are describing is when I'm careless in my draw and YANK it back.

Funny thing is a few years ago (2003?) I finally made the switch from a W Biscuit to a trophy taker and the sloppy draw was the first thing I noticed. The biscuit had allowed me to draw as jerky as I wanted with no ill effects. I had to retrain myself on how to draw in a smoother fashion.
I never noticed the slow transition to sloppy-ville until I switched back to a non-containment rest.

Another possibility is whatever you are using to silence your prongs and the where the prongs are landing (moleskin & foam tape is what I use) is causing the prongs to stick slightly until enough force is applied to counter the stickiness of the silencing agent. This might sound far fetched, but I've run into this recently. Try placing a light peice of tissue or paper towel between the prong & shelf to see if this is your culprit.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:02 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions.I myself am coming from a WB and am pretty sure it is me and a jerky draw. Draw stop is atthe correct setting for my length. BTW I still have the smooth cams on the bow. I'm going to practice some more and cut back the weight a little to see if it helps. Thanks again
Old 08-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me like you may be getting some nock pinch.

Quick Reply: ? for trophy taker shaky hunter users

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.