Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

? for trophy taker shaky hunter users

Old 08-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ? for trophy taker shaky hunter users

ORIGINAL: krazyvan

I was thinking the same thing...BTW i will never use a WB again!!! Noisy and destroys fletchings.
NOISY!!! Are you out of your mind?? The only way yours should have been noisey is if you didnt have yours setup properly or youre using too light of an arrow. The heavier the arrow the quieter it will be. As for eating fltches I can say yes you are correct, but it shoud be very minimal, I have arrows that I have shot more then 500 times through my wb and still have the same fletchings on them as they did whenI bought the arrows. Your apprently was not setup correctly.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:08 AM

Dave...tell me more about increasing your valley if you will...which way do i move the stop? how much does that change the DL? shorter or longer DL? are you saying that the smooth mods don't give you a longer valley? I wouldnt' mind just a little more valley...

Thanks, Bo
Old 08-05-2006, 10:25 AM

Lets not have the WB and drop away debate again. Anyway the problem was nock pinch. My loop was a little short and pinching the nock right at full draw. New loop and presto all is good. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

glad ya got it figured out, good luck this year.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:26 PM

Thnaks wis bow huntr...same to you.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtechbow, increase towards the longer just a smidgen at a time and you will feel the amount of valley increase, along with your draw length. It doesn't take much; a little goes a long way. The draw length will also increase, but as long as you don’t go crazy you shouldn’t feel it much.

If memory serves the smooths had a slightly longer valley before the draw stop hit than the speeds. BUT in factory draw stop settings I liked the way the speeds felt once at the back end of the draw cycle- I just didn't like they way they felt getting there.
Once I increased the peg location a small amount on the smooths (past factory setting) it felt much more to my liking.

Now once I hit full draw it feels like I could hand somebody my bow and it wouldn’t try to creep forward. I know that target archer’s love more holding weight, but I can't stand a bow that wants to rip my arm off ifI should creep a little. Moving the peg (again, we're talking 1/16" or so) has alleviated this issue with the smooth mods-for me.

Like I said before, mark where it’s at and play with it, you own it- find where it feels best to you. If you go the wrong way you can always put it back.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not trying to start anything but,you want to make sure you don't have one of the '05 bowtech that had locking problems at full draw--i'm only stating this as precautionary so no one gets hurt.