Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Lets see your hunting rigs for this year..........

Old 08-03-2006, 04:00 AM

Default RE: Lets see your hunting rigs for this year..........

dave, i got a bow for a fellow who is working with me and it had a nap 360 on it. believe it or not that thing doesn't make a sound - and he doesn't have the newer 'brush' version.

here's my rig for this year...

Old 08-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DaveC

Wow, wow wait a minute!

Rickjames are you going to hunt with that 360 & how do you like it?

I seriously considered trying one and look to dump the DZ next year in favor of that rest or a bodoodle if I can find one. I'm impressed to see someone with anything he wants at his disposal shooting one.

How well does it work?

BTW, great looking rigs everyone.
I like it quite a bit. I don't believe one needs a $100 rest on a bow to be accurate, although a lot of people would fight me to the death on this subject. My target bows all wear $50-$60 spring steel type rests, and this hunting bow wears the quicktune 360 because it is fool proof, dead silent, full containment, and easily tuned.

I have heard that if you have a single cam bow that has a lot of nock travel it can be difficult to tune the QT 360 for nock height, however I have learned that those problems can often be fixed with proper timing of the cam combined with a bit of tiller tuning. I haven't gotten to stretch my legs out any and step back to 50 yards with the rig because of the heat, but once my new string and cable gets here and it has its final tune I will and then I will really know what this rest is capable of. For hunting rigs, I am a big proponent of the K.I.S.S methodology. The less moving parts the better IMHO.....I drive 2-4 hours from home for all of my hunting so I don't like broken gear. I also beat the snot out of my stuff in the woods too.....so the simpler the better.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll probably go with my Adcock again this year, below is the buck that I took last year with it.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:26 PM

My UltraTec and hideaway. I'm just bound and determined to shoot one from the ground this fall. Hmmmmmm.......there's just something about that Matrix that could be better, though........gives me an idea....

Old 08-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

My 06 Bowtech Allegiance, 70 lbs, Easton ACC's tipped with 100 grain Rocky Mountain Snypers, 300 fps, Trophy Taker Pronghorn rest, Viper Archery Products-Viper Predator Pro-Microtune sight, Fuse Axium 10" Stabilizer, Fuse Katana 4 arrow quiver, string loop.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

But then again, there's always this one.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gibblet & Rickjames, both of you mention the quietness of the rest. Is this both during the draw & during the shot?

I hate to high-jack, great looking bows again everyone.

Gibblet, time for one of those fancygrips like Rick's XT is wearing.

So Rob, how do you decide who gets to play?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Jim, I like your bow choices. I think Abbott bows are one of the best values going in new longbows. Simple, yet elegant and affordable. And though Stewart is know more for his longbows, it's his recurves that really shine, IMO. I test shot one a few years ago and absolutely shredded my feathers with fist sized groups on a 30 yard foam deer.

I'll use a selfbow again this year, as I've done the last 6 years. The question is, which one? Perhaps this one, which is a fairly new, compact hard hitter...

Old 08-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Though a short, bendy handled bow would be really handy in brush blinds...

Old 08-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Of course, a lighter bow in the mid-high 40's would be easy to draw back on frosty mornings...

Quick Reply: Lets see your hunting rigs for this year..........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.