Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ripcord drop away

Old 07-31-2006, 07:50 PM

Default Ripcord drop away

I had a ripcord put on my bow by bass pro, and was told that there wouldn't be any contact with the arrow. However after shooting the bow to sight it in I see there is contact. thereare marks on the rest where the fletchings are going across. Has anybody else had this problem? or should I return the rest?.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:29 PM

Default RE: Ripcord drop away

still looking for any info. on this problem.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:52 PM

My buddy bought one Sat. we shot for a couple hours he never made a comment on it he is shooting 2" blazers.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I noticed a mark on the black thumb lift, went to my friends shop he said it was me making a mistake shooting
Old 08-02-2006, 07:22 AM

I have the Rip Cord onmy Bowtech Allegiance and Mathews Switchback and they perform fine. The rest might need to be adjusted and your nocking point on your string changed very slightly. I'd take it back in for some adjustments. Each bow I haveare setup differently for arrow flight.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

This same topic came up a few wks back with the QAD Ultra rest having the same problem. I was one also experencing fletching contact on my QAD. Both rests are very similar in operation, and design. Someone suggested trying to move the rest forward if able. I checked it out, and saw I had lots rm to move my QAD further forward. I simply marked the top & bottom of the rest with a pencil mark on the side of the riser, loosened the allen head bolt, and small tightening screw, moved it forward, and retightened. Guess what, it worked. No more fletching contact. I didn't even need to readjust my cord length for the drop. Butplacing moreforce on thedrop might also helped, so it drops faster. Just a thought for you!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:07 PM

thanks for the input.I have been playing around with it a bit trying to solve the problem. does the cock feather go up or down? It seems like I get the best clearance with it up. I have one of the lumi nocks on one of my arrows, you defanately know if there is contact this way, you can see what the arrow is doing.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:42 AM

Buckalley great info thanks!

Stickin8s I emailed the the owners of Rip Cord rests and they say you should be able to shoot up or down on the cock vane. It's your preference on that one. I shoot em up but I have tried both and it didn't matter.