Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

question about peep sights

Old 07-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default question about peep sights

I put on a new cobra sidewinder radiant sight today, but when I look through it with my old peep sight I can't see the orange ring around the sight or the bubble level. Just seem a little small all of the sudden..

I was curious what size peep everyone else used. I mean, maybe it's not a bad thing I can't see it all but I would think with a bigger peep I would have a larger FOV..
Or does a smaller peep help keep your groups tight?

Any info is appreciated
Old 07-26-2006, 09:16 PM

Default RE: question about peep sights

Smaller peeps keep groups tighter, but they SUCK for low light conditions and sights. We tell most of our guys, if they don't want to buy another peep, to drill it out just slightly. Problem solved.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

If possible,move your sight out a little,(if there is another set of mounting holes.)This will let you center the housing again.This will require that you reset your pins.If not you can drill the peep out BUT DO NOT USE A DRILL MOTOR.Just turn it by hand in a chuck.Peeps are aluminum or plastic and can be drilled very easily but drill motors cause lots of problems.[]I have seen it done.

I use a 3/16" peep on my hunting bow and center the housing but when I still had a target bow,I used an extremely small peep and centered the pin.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

1/4 g5 peep. The blue color along with the orange ring on the site is a beautiful thing in any light.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

I second the new G5 peep sight, it has a huge hole. It does'nt matter how big the hole is as long as you have the same anchor point everytime with your kisser button things won't change.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay.. Well I've always used the peep with a rubber tube to aid in peep alignment.. I went ahead and bought the G5 peep and installed. (got the 3/16in. one though) Only problem is it doesn't seem to matter what I do I can't get it to stay in alignment. Everytime I draw it's sideways, I am using a "D" Loop.. Is there a fix for this? I mean if there's a chance this will happen while I'm hunting then it's gone..
Any suggestions?
Old 07-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Specialty Archery Products Super Peep. This consists of an aluminum peep with interchangeable inserts from 3/32" to 1/8" in diameter. For competition or bright conditions I likeone of the smaller inserts and for low light in ahunting situation,I switchto a larger diameter insert. There are also clarifiers and colored peepsif needed to help with focal problems.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like a neat peep, might have to look at it..

BUT, my question right now is about the peep rotating away from your view.. The G5 peep I installed has no rubber tube that pulls it straight like some and it keep rotating sideways to where I can't see through it..

Anyone else have this problem or better yet a fix?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

The bow needs to be pressed and the string twisted so that when you pull it back the peep comes into view properly. Simple thing really, but will take some trial and error until it's set just right.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:30 AM

the problem with your peep is caused by some serving on the string being wound in the wrong direction. while you can put twists in the string to get it to come back correctly, when you get in inclimate weather the issue gets compounded - and chances are it won't do the same thing it does when when you're shooting in normal weather. just to let you know because i know you don't want any issues when you're hunting. to get by, wal-mart sells some elastic chord in the sewing section. you can super glue it to your peep and use it like a peep tube. its real thin,and i've even seen it increase speed on a bow.

Quick Reply: question about peep sights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.