Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

question about peep sights

Old 07-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: question about peep sights

The META G5 1/4" Hunter peep is indeed a neat peep. I've also removed my Fletcher's and replaced it with the G5 and I'm certainly not disappointed.
I also use the Specialty Archery Super Ball Peep and having various colors the choose from makes things moreinteresting.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a pro shop twist the string a bit tonight and we just about got it straight.. Still a bit off once in a while but I will mess with it a little and see what happens.. If it's justoff one way or the other a tad then it don't matter cuz you can still see through it.. I do like the sight though, very nice..
Old 07-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good deal!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Spike

Demo - I used to shoot a peep that did not have a peep aligner attached to it. I had a separate aligner which was served into my string just above the peep. Worked great and gave me the option of installing whatever peep I liked regardless of an attached peep aligner.

I don't recall who made the aligner, but I think if you checked around you could still find them.

I got a new setup this year and had a peep with aligner attached installed, and had the same problem with you you mentioned, I have been looking into a new peep and if I decide on one like the G5 (lots of nice reviews in this post) I'll just have the aligner served in above it.

Personally I have found if it can go wrong IT WILL GO WRONG! And always at the worst possible time. If your peep is not coming back square 100% of the time - you can just about count on the fact it won't when it really matters. It's worth the time and effort to find a way to make it 100% now. If I can find the source for that peep aligner I'll PM you, it really saves a lot of frustration.