Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

i hate to admit it, but...........

Old 07-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i hate to admit it, but...........

The Switchback is a fine bow. I've been happy with mine. Though I still like the draw cycle on my Patriot better.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:39 PM

congratz gibb, nice very nice!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:54 PM

nice to see ya join the wagon Gibblet, now youll know exactly how to build my string for mine aewsome
Old 07-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the bow but you lost me with the site since I have one. It'sall true except the adjustability, it's a bear, locks down tight enough but to get it to move slightly is not easy. You right about the cost though, can't beat it really.

Glad you have a different bow to perfect your string making on. Nothing but win win for any switchback users.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:54 AM

i'm gettin' pretty good w/ the sb strings (thanks to some help from folks experimenting with proper cable lengths instead of what is the advertised length). i needed 2 twists to the cable after installation - i think you can see in the pic i only served the roller-guard for the cable 7" - letting the cable naturally split instead of forcing a split at 6" from the axle. anyway, it was 1/16" short ata and pulling 72# before shooting it about 40 times yesterday. haven't measured again but i'd bet when that 8125 gets all settled she'll be about 1/16" long and need a couple twists to get things back. not worth fooling with for 3 or 4 days though. i'd rather wait until i have 200-300 shots on it and i know its the last time i'll be pressing it. the less the press - the better the bow - that's where i'm at these days anyway.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey John: Nice Avatar, BTW.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:42 AM

thanks joe - i swiped it from a carolina panthers football board i frequent. a guy there was using it and i thought it was fantastic. if i had a gas station that's what i'd have up there.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gibblet!

I don't believe you .

nubo
Old 07-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

"the less the press - the better the bow - that's where i'm at these days anyway."

Is that a string thing?Can't see how it would have any effect on my bow.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:52 AM

well, i think bending a riser just a little may be easier than many think. len probably knows whether this is true or not, but its what i am told.

Quick Reply: i hate to admit it, but...........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.