Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

i hate to admit it, but...........

Old 07-25-2006, 07:12 AM

Default RE: i hate to admit it, but...........

why 8125? i'm messing around with a new serving technique for the cable of mathews bows - which are the bane of a string maker's existance. if it works on 8125 - 452x is a given - so then it just didn't make sense to have a 452x string and an 8125 cable - the other way makes some sense though. i use a no-peep so im not worried about inclimate weather (hot or cold) effecting the string while hunting - so if it works i'll probably just leave it on a while. i still prefer 452x by a mile - but 8125 is still a very nice material and some prefer it.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

dangit Gibblet! I shot a mathew's Q2 for 5 yrs and bought a hoyt last year, It shoots great and fast, but i think its a little loud. Your makin me want to Switchback to a mathews! Too late and to much for this year, but maybe next year...

For now i just need to make attempts to quite my baby down... Going to try a homebrew modifiacation to the STS i have on and see if that works.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 AM

coug, i'm definately not saying i like it better than the patriot.i don't how i could - but i think i'll like and enjoy it just as much - more will be revealed on that.i'm only admitting (for the first time)that i can understand why someone would choose it over the patriot or any other hunting bow - and i can see why it comes out on top to some folks when they're picking out a bow. its a nice piece of work. gosh i love single cams - and i think that we may all just be strong in different areas depending on our work - and maybe that's why the draw feels different to us. the draw on the SB is very nice to me and my strong areas.

i sold the patriot to a neighbor boy who really has been wanting a bow - but couldn't afford one. i sold the whole outfitted thing to him for a very good deal - it was just the papa instinct - nothing at all wrong with the bow, and ilove that bow. i'm just in a better position to get a new one than he is.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

GIBBLET! YOU DID WHAT? YOU BOUGHT A MA.....MA..... geez I can't even say it. Thats it I'm tellin !
Seriously though, I shot it and the XT when shopping this spring and if it hadn't been for the DL specific cam and long delivery time I likely would have bought one also. Don't tell Nubo I said that or his pink thong will get all knotted up
Old 07-25-2006, 01:12 PM

i'm kinda wonderin' if his thong isn't all knotted up already. where the heck has he been?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:20 PM

looks sweet congrats on the new bow gibblet
Old 07-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been shooting the SB for a few years now and havn't even thought of getting another bow. I shot my friends ---- the other day at the out door range andI swear it litterally about flew out of my hand when I shot. I asked him what was wrong with it and he said nothing. I shot it one more time just to make sure and it about did it again. This is a top end bow. I let him shoot mine and he couldn't believe how dead in the hand it was. He's trying to sell his tuning fork so he can get the SB.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

where the heck has he been?
He's been working like a mad man gettin ready to go on holidays.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:51 PM

gibblet, I've felt a disturbance in the force all day today, and just couldn't place it......You've answered that question.......I'm almost.....well....disapointed....LOL......

Congrats on a fine bow. Those gibb strings look pretty good on there, too. Where did you get them from ??

gibb, empty your inbox. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really think you like Mathews so much because you make so much money replacing their "quality" strings. LOL

Congrats on getting a bow you really like. I wish I could shoot Mathews bows as well as I do others, but it just hasn't worked out that way so far.[&:]

Quick Reply: i hate to admit it, but...........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.