Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

does bowtech's diff modules change tune?

Old 07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
bigcountry

Default does bowtech's diff modules change tune?

I was reading about these smooth and fast modules on the alleigence and others. I imagine this changes tune doesn't it? Or at least change arrow spine needed and sight placement?

Anybody tried them yet?

Old 07-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: does bowtech's diff modules change tune?

Totally interchangeable, without effecting tune.

The speed mods just "ramp up" a bit more than the smooth mods, but I shoot bullet holes with either after simply scewing out a couple Allen screws, switch out a mod, and screwing them back in. And loc-titing the screws in, of course!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:55 PM
bigcountry

Wow, that surprising it doesn't affect spine needed. I figured the speed cam would require slightly more spine. But it has to affect POI. I mean its more speed.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Probably because arrows have a "range" of spine that is adequate for slightly different draw curves.

You're right, it changes the POI, but only barely.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:12 PM
bigcountry

Greg, one last question maybe you can answer. Whats the smooth cam good for? Where would you find it helpful? Like at 3D shoots? Or do they offer each flavor not hoping people buy both the module, but for people's individual tastes who will lean to one of the other. I imagine the speed module will be the hot seller.

Appreciate the info.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

The smooth mods can be inserted for extended practice periods, or a long 3-D shoot. They're also great for someone who may have experienced shoulder problems in the past, though honestly I'd have to recommend the Diamond Liberty as probably the smoothest bow I've ever drawn. The smooth mods in... say a Tribute, however, can get close to that smoothness and simultaneously give the shooter the advantages of the binary cam system.

Here's what I'm planning to use mine for. I've got the speed mods in my Allegiance, as that was the purpose I acquired that bow for anyway (to experience the utmost speed in a shootable rig as possible), and plan to use that for early-season bowhunting -- up to, say... the end of November. Warmer temperatures, looser muscles, lighter clothing in my mind will allow for a stiffer draw cycle with no worries about being "over-bowed." When the temps start dropping into the teens however, I'm planning on switching to my Tribute with the smooth mods.

In my mind, these mod choices accentuate the strengths of each bow and what they bring to the table. I could reverse the mods in each bow, respectively -- but then I'd almost be enjoying the exact same shooting experience from each bow.

Someone could apply different thought processes to this line of reasoning, but that's what I'm currently thinking.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:48 PM
bigcountry

I have the liberty VFT 2004 model, and agree its a pleasure to shoot.

I guess I won't understand the extended shooting idea until I try one, because you peak draw wieght is still the same.

Thanks for the info.

Old 07-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bigcountry, for the perceived amount of weight you’re drawing differs with each style of module. The weight may be the same, but that doesn’t mean it will feel the same .
My speed mods at 61# felt no different to me than my Patriot set on 65#. Going this route would have made no gain in the feel of dropping my draw weight (my excuse to buy a new bow). But the smooth mods DID feel like I was drawing less than the 65 I had previously been drawing.
I shot the speeds for ~2 weeks before swapping the smooths in, I’ve never looked back. That was an easy 8 fps for me to give up.

For me the speed cams felt like I was pulling much more than the 61# my bow was drawing. The smooths felt just right for hunting purposes. I can also shoot it all day with no muscle or body aches afterwards.

I thought I’d be shooting speed mods before the purchase, my body told me otherwise afterwards.

I guess that’s why they offer both, so the customer can decide what is JUST right for them. Thanks for the option Bowtech

Going from A liberty I'd guess the smooth mods are even going to feel like drawing more at the same weight.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Totally interchangeable, without effecting tune.

The speed mods just "ramp up" a bit more than the smooth mods, but I shoot bullet holes with either after simply scewing out a couple Allen screws, switch out a mod, and screwing them back in. And loc-titing the screws in, of course!
I didn't realize how easy it was to change them out. Or did you just make it sound that way.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some people prefer smoothness over blazing speed. I pulled a Tribute with both smooth and speed modules at the shop the other day, both set on 70. The speed module felt like 70, the smoot didn't *quite* feel like 70. Take an Oneida, just as an example. They are so smooth that on average they *feel* 12 pounds lighter than what they really are. So in Bowtechs case, you can potentially shoot higher poundage with the smooth mod but it feels like what you were shooting before you cranked it up some. Get what Im trying to say?

Quick Reply: does bowtech's diff modules change tune?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.