.." />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

EXPENSIVE ARROWS!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: EXPENSIVE ARROWS!!!!!!!!!

The Easton X-10's cost only$340.00.Thats not that bad but the tungsten points for them are $230.00 a dozen so a dozen arrows only cost $570.00.Of course you still need nocks and pin nocks.

The price of being among the worlds elite.Of course the elite are not buying theirs.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

These kind of arrows are built for a specific purpose,just like the nascar guys and the parts on their cars.Really expensive but the stuff from the local autoparts store just won't get it done at that level.
Well, that's part of the point. NASCAR teamsdon't "buy" their parts at NAPA, snipers don't buy their stuff at any gun store, Lance didn't get his bikes and parts at any cycleing store (even a top of the line one).
Those high-end competition parts were made specifically for them, built when they ordered them and not a moment sooner, and you can't order12 dozen from some online store and you won't find then for sale at any of those places either.

And there is a reason for it. Because they're for the top 20 people in the sport,but are no benefit to anyone but them, including thosein regional/state level competition. To every on ebut those top 20 they are nothing but hype. But it is a way for the companies to make a lot more money by appealing to the thoughts of "it's what they world champ uses" and "well, I compete, therefore I need them".

(half the time, I think when someone says something like"and I only use ----- arrows when I compete for the real money" or "I only use ----components building mywhatever"the reality is the same as a NASCAR driver saying "We only use genuine Ford parts in our Crown Vic", but you know that it's not really a Crown Vic, and the parts are custom shop one-offs. Meaning, they may both be called the same thing, but that is the onlything they have in common.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

How about just saying it
1. The top 20 or even 100 shooters dont pay to shoot these arrows
2. If the did pay and you are shooting for millions it pays off
3. Like its been said you can not tell the differance at 40 yards but you can when you are shooting at a long distance where one single arrow flying a half inch off can mean winning a million or not
Old 08-10-2006, 08:28 PM

Wow! I can't believe the replies I have seen here. Calling a world class archer "stupid" because he or she wants the best equipment for their game. And to answer another question, yes, the archers are that consistant. They can and do see a difference with their equipment at this level.
The statistics don't lie, these arrows make a difference in the game they were designed for.

How many of you can shoot a recurve, 90 meters (100 yards), with fingers, into the gold (4.8 inches in diameter), outside, in the wind, without a peep, with the worlds best standing next to you? Nobody on this board can, so who are you to judge the equipment these folks use.

If you don't feel you need them, don't buy them. But I can't believe people here are calling them "stupid" and saying they are victims of marketing. Unbelievable????

And for the less than world class archer that competes seriously, confidence is everything in the mental game of target archery. If you believe in your equipment, you will shoot better. Those arrows do make a difference.

John
Old 08-11-2006, 10:46 AM

I can tell you that easton X10's are worth every penny if you shoot in competitive FITA or field archery and there is a big difference between them and other arrows. They are $339 a dozen and well worth it.
Rick is 100% correct...........

They are not for everyone.............but if you are good enough to utilize them..............they are fantastic arrows..................
Old 08-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every one of you guys would use them if they were given to you for FREE like the pros. These "stupid" guys are shooting $700 arrows for FREE while competing for milllions of dollars. Meanwhile us "smart" guys work full time jobs to pay for our own arrows.