.." />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

EXPENSIVE ARROWS!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2006, 10:23 AM

Default RE: EXPENSIVE ARROWS!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: kevin1

ORIGINAL: cartman308

ORIGINAL: wayomic

Bet there isn't much difference between a $7 arrow and a $27 arrow, other than the name and the hype.

(why would anyone pay $250 to $350 for what is basically a bunch of sticks is beyond me)
one word.......consistency.
Another word:Stupidity
Only a complete sucker would pay that much for arrows no matter how nice they are .
Yep, I second the stupidity comment. Some people have WAY too much extra money on their hands. How about spend 85 a dozen, like I do, and donate the rest to feeding the homeless.

Oh right, your arrows are more important[&:]
Old 07-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Campo

ORIGINAL: kevin1

ORIGINAL: cartman308

ORIGINAL: wayomic

Bet there isn't much difference between a $7 arrow and a $27 arrow, other than the name and the hype.

(why would anyone pay $250 to $350 for what is basically a bunch of sticks is beyond me)
one word.......consistency.
Another word:Stupidity
Only a complete sucker would pay that much for arrows no matter how nice they are .
Yep, I second the stupidity comment. Some people have WAY too much extra money on their hands. How about spend 85 a dozen, like I do, and donate the rest to feeding the homeless.

Oh right, your arrows are more important[&:]
these arrows are not built or marketed for typical shooters/hunters like us. they are for the tourney archer. Sure if joe shmo wants them they will sell them to him. but he has way to much arrow for his needs.

If you make your LIVING shooting a bow at a target then spending $85a dozen is stupidity in my book.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:03 PM

The expensive McKinney's and X-10's are made for the top 200 - 300archers in the world. If you aren't that goodor you aren't shooting in that class, you won't understand the value of themfor elite target competition.

I'm not familiar with the McKinneys, but the X-10's are the arrow used to win virtually every Olympic Gold medal,world championship and set every world score record since they came out.

Don't knock what you don't understand.

They areobviously not a good value for someone who hunting and shooting local 3D. You also won't see them at indoor competition. They really only show their valueat 50 yards and over.

The guys who were shooting for the million dollars at Pittsburg were shooting ACE's (I think) that are in the same price range as the McKinneys. With that much money on the line, do you think that they are going to be cheap with their arrows?
Old 07-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see anything "stupid" about buying the best equipment when you are a top competitor. If that is the benchmark at the top level of competition then to shoot a lesser arrow will make a difference in results. I also realize that 99% of the people who shoot couldn't tell the difference but these arrows are made for the top 1% not the average guy hangin out of a tree.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Spike

I wonder how much Howard Hill spent on arrows?

Makes you wonder if it's the sticks or the shooter that makes the difference!

You have to be pretty darned consistent when shooting real arrows at a 1 foot squareplate worn bylive stunt men who are riding horsesat a gallop towards you - that your you get a lot of dead stunt men! And Howard did that without $300/dz arrows!

I don't faultthe industry to marketing or selling arrows that cost over $250/dozen - if you can why not?But as forsaying they make the difference??? I can't say I agree with that.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

Some of you guys are amazing............You have no problem dropping 8-900 bucks on a bow..........then you buy $50.00 a dozen arrows..... Makes allot of sense[&:].

I've been shooting AC navigators for 4 years(Target Shooting). There around $280.00 a dozen for shafts. I have yet to wreck and arrow. I've put on allot of knocks and veins though! I would have probably went through at least 4 dozen cheep arrows. You do the math!!

I will be buying a new Dozen next summer(they have been beaten).......Maybe I should shoot Gamegetters trough my $1600.00 target bow[&:]
Old 07-24-2006, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: gtousey

I wonder how much Howard Hill spent on arrows?

Makes you wonder if it's the sticks or the shooter that makes the difference!

You have to be pretty darned consistent when shooting real arrows at a 1 foot squareplate worn bylive stunt men who are riding horsesat a gallop towards you - that your you get a lot of dead stunt men! And Howard did that without $300/dz arrows!

I don't faultthe industry to marketing or selling arrows that cost over $250/dozen - if you can why not?But as forsaying they make the difference??? I can't say I agree with that.
Howard Hill used the very best equipment that he could get his hands on. There is no way he could have been that good without near perfectly matched arrows. And you are right he was incredibly consistent. In his case it was the archer & not the stick. But no one else is Howard Hill.

Yes, these expensivearrows make a difference, but only at the top level. For you and me, ACC's or Cartel Triples will give us as much accuracy and consistency as we can make use of. For Dave Cousins shooting against Reo Wilde or about 50 other world class shooters, any advantage is worth $400 per dozen. The archer's are so close in ability that they have to look somewhere else for the winning advantage.

I understand that when the x-10's were first introduced that scores in international competition increased about 10 points (out of 1440). These arrows are that good.

Don't buy them for hunting, indoor or practice - not exactly a good value! But if you want to go to the Olympics or shoot international competition, you will need a set.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

As far as hunting arrows are concerned I cant tell the difference as far as straightness ansd accuracy are concerned. My Carbon force hunters at .005 shoot just as well as the pros.001 at 40 yards. At a difference of 30 dollars.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

For those that think really nice arrows are not important.Go out and try to shoot your hunting arrows at 90 meters with fingers and then come back here and comment on how well they did for you.Heck,do it with your release.

These kind of arrows are built for a specific purpose,just like the nascar guys and the parts on their cars.Really expensive but the stuff from the local autoparts store just won't get it done at that level.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

It depends if you are shooting comp or just hunting. I use to pa 130-200 for the "good" arrows. I now shoot the Cabela's carbon hunters and haven't missed a beat. Still shoots the same and still kill my deer. I have some ACC in my case and I can shoot them with no difference.

Quick Reply: EXPENSIVE ARROWS!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.