Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OnTarget2

Old 07-14-2006, 12:15 PM

Default OnTarget2

Please let me know. Have you ever heard of this software? What does it do. What are your experiences with it and how does it work? any and all info is appreciated
Old 07-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OnTarget2

I use it quite a bit, for myself and to save time specifying equipment for customers. It works great. There are many different things it does, it will create sight tapes for adjustable sights, it will create trajectory charts for you depending on your equipment, it will give you a very accurate estimate on the speed your bow is going, it will show you how to compensate for up and down hill shots, it will show you how your arrow drops and how far on specific 3D targets, etc. This is the most valuable tuning tool I have, and the online downloadable version is only around $25.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:29 PM

On Target and TAP (The Archery Program) are both very good tools if you are serious about archery. The biggest things they do are help you in selecting the correct arrow for your set up. I can't believe more proshops do not use this type of software. It is so much more accurate than using an arrow chart and guessing or using an online calculator.

They will also estimate speed, print out sight tapes for target sights and varioius other things.

I have not used either in a while, one was easier to use, but not as technical. I can't remember which is which to be honest. I had trial versions of both but they both expired and I can't really afford to purchase either at this moment, and I forgot which one I wanted.

Paul
Old 07-14-2006, 01:25 PM

Thanks just purchased it on reference from other forums. for what i can get out of it the price seems small. just for the spine calculator it seems worth it. Just a question when measuring spine does it measure just the shaft lenght or is it from insert to the nock groove. The info is great and keep it coming!