Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

best penatration

Old 07-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default best penatration

what BH would u pick if u were looking 4 the best possable penatration.I was thinking of the rockets 7/8 cut
Old 07-13-2006, 06:16 PM

Default RE: best penatration

There is SOOOOOOOOO much more to penetration than the broadhead, but we won't go into all that right now. I think you are talking about the Rocket Ultimate Steel, yes? Those are good. Any good cut on contact head (generally speaking) attains better penetration. The reason is obvious, it's cutting immediatley upon hitting the animal. Mechanicals burn up the KE opening, but plenty of guys get pass throughs with those as well. Personally, I use the Magnus Stinger cut on contact. Wicked evil nasty sharp and fly like darts. Truth be told, there isn't a broadhead made that wouldn't get a pass through under the right conditions. Those conditions being, but not limited to, the following.....

A properly tuned bow
Properly tuned arrows
Enough KE to do the job
Enough weight to do the job (momentum)
Not hitting shoulder blades.....

The list goes on and on.....
Old 07-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

There is SOOOOOOOOO much more to penetration than the broadhead, but we won't go into all that right now. I think you are talking about the Rocket Ultimate Steel, yes? Those are good. Any good cut on contact head (generally speaking) attains better penetration. The reason is obvious, it's cutting immediatley upon hitting the animal. Mechanicals burn up the KE opening, but plenty of guys get pass throughs with those as well. Personally, I use the Magnus Stinger cut on contact. Wicked evil nasty sharp and fly like darts. Truth be told, there isn't a broadhead made that wouldn't get a pass through under the right conditions. Those conditions being, but not limited to, the following.....

A properly tuned bow
Properly tuned arrows
Enough KE to do the job
Enough weight to do the job (momentum)
Not hitting shoulder blades.....

The list goes on and on.....
What he said; except I use muzzy 3 blades.HCH
Old 07-14-2006, 08:36 AM

Ditto

I have used Thunderheads, Slick Tricks, Sharpshooters, Stingers, Spitfires and Scorpion XPs all with pass throughs on Whitetail. Which means, it's not so much the broadhead as what mobowhuntr said.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:42 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

What MO said. If you want the best penetration possible usea cut on contact head, Magnus, Phantom, Steel Force, etc.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

i am now using the muzzy 4 blades
Old 07-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Spike

Stinger 2 blade
Old 07-16-2006, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the very best penetration, and a head that will keep it's blades, the Rocky Tradition is it. That said it's a small head with and doesn't have a lot of cutting surface. Probably the best penetrating head I have tested would be the Sonic 100 grn. Penetration without blade retention is useless so be carefull. Generaly smaller heads under 1", and going to penetrate better. Heads with shorter ferrules and smaller profiles consistantly out penetrate more traditional styles in my broadhead tests.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've done exactly this! If I want the absolute deepest penetration than the Rocket Steelhead 100 would be my choice everytime. I've seen this head out penetrate every fixed blade it's ever been put up against! Amazing product!
Old 07-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

For penetration you need a heavier arrow and a bow that will shoot it.. With that said I like the muzzy 3 blade

I'm actually looking for new arrows now and the ones I've been using are 10.7 grains and I'd like to stay in that range.
KE is so important for hunting, more so than speed is...

Quick Reply: best penatration

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.