Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

I can't believe this. I was shooting my bow ( Bowtech Equalizer ) tonite and heard a grating noise on one shot and on looking the bow over realized that one of my module screws had come out and gouged a big groove on the inside of the limb !!!!!!! I'm afraid to shoot it now as the fibers are definitely cut right by the cams. Well I guess I'm going to see how good the warranty is with Bowtech. The worse thing about all this is Bear season starts in a month here. AAAahhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 07-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

OHHH Noooo !

I hope you get thing's ironed out in a hurry with your bow Terry. I don't want to be going by myself. But if you like I'll shoot you a bear and bring it home for you LOL.

nubo
Old 07-10-2006, 07:22 PM

I hope they don't tell you that was ignorance on your part. It can happen to anyone but they may say that. Let us know!

They might fix it for you but I think a month is pushing it. Good luck.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 07-10-2006, 07:51 PM

Good luck man, that's bad news.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:01 PM

Shoulda bought a Hoyt.

Dude, that stinks!!! I bet they make it right. If you bought it from a Pro Shop, they should take care of you as well. I know my shop just tells them that the limb broke, and they send new ones. We toss the old ones in the trash, they don't even want to see them. Hope you get that worked out quick fast and in a hurry!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope they don't tell you that was ignorance on your part.
Well they could always do that but I went over that bow completely less than a week ago and not one single screw was loose at all, not a one and it had been shot maybe 100 times since then. If these mod screws need to be loctighted they should tell us to do so.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoulda bought a Hoyt.
If this goes sour ( I hope not this is my third and hopefully not last Bowtech ) I will likely jump to Ross Archery.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:26 PM

Can't go wrong w/ a Ross! Great bows indeed. We started selling them at the shop a few months ago and they are causing quite the noise! You'll love it should you go that route.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

You'll love it should you go that route.
I hope I don't have to find out. Frankly I would be surprised if Bowtech did not do well by me. This is my third one and I have not needed service until now and I have never heard of anything but excellent service from them. The bow was bought from a pro shop and he actually swapped out the draw length modules when I bought it and he never used loctite nor told me to either.

Quick Reply: AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.