Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 12:24 AM

Default RE: AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

TerryM,, glad to hear that BowTech is taking good care of you.

Good luck bear hunting
Old 07-12-2006, 05:13 AM

ORIGINAL: nubo

Ducsauce!

If your putting loc tite on ,be sure you use the blue loc tite, 242 Is the number ,if you use the other you'll never get those screw's out again ,be sure it the BLUE.

nubo
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Errg, another reminder that I still need to loctite my screws[8D], maybe today.
One question- who was the genius at loctite that put the blue- 242 in a red container? at least my last 2 bottles are any ways.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

"who was the genius at loctite that put the blue- 242 in a red container?"

LOL
Old 07-12-2006, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

Is it just me or are there others out there that do routine maintence and checks on their bows often? I wouldn't hold someone else responsible if I didn't get the oil filter tight on my truck when I changed oil and it ruined my motor. I don't think it's BowTech's responsibility to supply another set of limbs to correct someone's lack of routine maintence but maybe they will anyways.

Good luck..
Is it just me or didn't he just say he went over the entire bow and there were no loose screws when he did, maybe you didn't read that post.
It's pretty obvious to me that the screw came loose while HE was shooting and HE could have and should have checked everything over if HE heard something vibrate. If HE didn't hear anything vibrate at the end of the shooting session, HE should have checked his bow over before the next shooting session..Icheck all my equipment over before shooting and keep a watch on all parts while shooting. I also don't have problems that make me wait for new parts to come from the manufacture, while I let everyone know that my BOW has problems[&:]

Again, I'm glad to hear that BowTech stepped up to the plate and shouldered the responsibility of fixing something that probably shouldn't have been covered under warranty. This makes me feel good to know that IF I should ever have a legitimate warranty concern, BowTech will be there to help out and get me shooting again.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Things happen, Walks...

I'm sure he feels bad enough over his situation, and I'm sure he learned a lesson -- as a bunch of people on this thread apparently have. No need to grind salt into his wounds.

Well I think the point being made here guy's is that BowTech has stepped above their obligation in order to keep their customer happy ,this is exactly what make's this bow company the very best in my book's .
Exactly.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Things happen, Walks...

I'm sure he feels bad enough over his situation, and I'm sure he learned a lesson -- as a bunch of people on this thread apparently have. No need to grind salt into his wounds.

Well I think the point being made here guy's is that BowTech has stepped above their obligation in order to keep their customer happy ,this is exactly what make's this bow company the very best in my book's .
Exactly.

My point exactly and maybe pointing this out will save both parties involved some money in the future
Old 07-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave C !

I agree someone sure wasn't thinking when they developed the blue loc-tite ,I was thinking the very same thing yesterday when I loaned my red bottle of blueLoc-tite to a friend . A real genious he was .

I agree Terry has been ridiculed enough over a mistake of this nature and I'm sure alot of us other's have made the very same mistake ,whether we want to admit it or not .I've already fessed up that I've made the same mistake ,but I was lucky and caught it before I shot my bow.I'm positive alot of us guy's on this forum don't check our equipment regular enough ,so we should consider ourselve's very lucky.

Remember guy's the blue loc-tite come's in a red bottle with a blue dot on it LOL.

nubo
Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 AM

i'd like to know just what loc-tite is and why it tastes like sugar.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Somewhere along the way I remember installing small screws with a "loc-tite" type swath or drop placed along one side of the threads to act as a locking agent once the bolt was in place. It was on one side of the threads and dried in place from the factory.

Seems like Bowtech could use something like that on it's module bolts.
Sure it doesn't work on multiple bolt on & off cycles, but mod bolts are taken on & off what?-3 or4 times at the most during the set up process?
Once to adjust draw length, once or twice to switch between smooth & fast mods. That should do it for a while.

They could still leave the "you better loc-tite them" rule in place, but the dab from the factory could act as a little insurance for those who neglect to do so.

Quick Reply: AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.