Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

well if they dont cover it you can either buy a new bow or buy the limbs, the new bow would get you ready by bear season
Old 07-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

WWAG,
I also routinely check everything and had gone over every single screw on that bow just a few days prior with less than 100 shots since. I also had never until that point have any screw whatsoever including the mod screws ever loosen on it which is why it caught me off gaurd. I have heard of companies replacing risers after being driven over by trucks and strings being cut by broadheads with resulting expploded bows. When a company steps up to the plate above and beyond they have my business forever. I also had an issue with Bohning Blazers last winter and the way they treated me has also bought them my business forever. Bowtech doesn't have to do anything but regardless they certainly made a happy customer out of me and that's just good business seeing as I tend to buy alot of bows and may have influenced a person or two into buying a Bowtech.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

Is it just me or are there others out there that do routine maintence and checks on their bows often? I wouldn't hold someone else responsible if I didn't get the oil filter tight on my truck when I changed oil and it ruined my motor. I don't think it's BowTech's responsibility to supply another set of limbs to correct someone's lack of routine maintence but maybe they will anyways.

Good luck..
Is it just me or didn't he just say he went over the entire bow and there were no loose screws when he did, maybe you didn't read that post.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I seriously had no doubts that Pat and BowTech wouldn't take care of you to the fullest, Terry; I'm glad to see they did exactly what was expected.

Class company, or I wouldn't be shooting their bows.

I also took this from page 7 of my owner's manual:

"It is important to make sure module screws are properly installed with Loc-Tite. Warranty DOES NOT cover module screws that loosen and cause limb damage."

So... technically, they wouldn't be obligated -- but, like I said,a class company.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well done Greg! A man who reads a manual and even gives a ref. to the page.

I'm kind of being funny, but in a serious way. Good post really!

Don't own one of their bows but their advertising is first rate.[8D]A class act for sure.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

yep i saw that page in the manual and like it says i went back and loc-tited em thanks for the heads up
Old 07-11-2006, 07:59 PM

Guess I'll be buying loc-tite tomorrow.

Terry: What kind of timeline did they give you?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I think the point being made here guy's is that BowTech has stepped above their obligation in order to keep their customer happy ,this is exactly what make's this bow company the very best in my book's .
I learned the lesson on mod screw's very early in my archery career ,that you need to pay very close attention and check all screw's and accessories to be sure everything's tight ,I've had it happen to me and heard of many,many happening's ,sometime's it's not pretty and unfortunately for Terry his is one of the ugly one's ,but BOWTECH has shown us once again why they're the best .
I just hope for the guy's that never thought of mod screw's and accessories that they'll learn from this thread ,because it could be you next .A little loc-tite and regular check's will go along way .

nubo
Old 07-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry: What kind of timeline did they give you?
I will be good to go for my bear hunt next month which is all i care about.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ducsauce!

If your putting loc tite on ,be sure you use the blue loc tite, 242 Is the number ,if you use the other you'll never get those screw's out again ,be sure it the BLUE.

nubo

Quick Reply: AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.