Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

on my equalizer after about a week of shooting i noticed a vibration and checked the bow over and found that both module screws in both cams were loose so i tightened em up and havent had a problem yet its probly just that they dont get them tight enough from the factory and with bowtech's customer service it shouldn't be any problem at all getting u all fixed up

good luck man hope everything works out in time for the season
Old 07-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Typical Buck

I'm fairly sure Bowtech will take care of it. My shop told me a story that you wouldn't believe and they covered it.............Dude cut is string on purpose...........after he knicked it with a broadhead and cut acouple strands.....he needed two new limbs, and new cams......bowtech said they would cover it once, but tell him to bring his checkbook next time.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:07 AM

i've got new limbs on the way for my consti. the limb cap is grating on the cam. shop said normal limb delivery time is now 3 weeks. its been 2 weeks already and still waiting. maybe you should call the factory direct since you have a trip coming up and plead your case.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have emailed Pat from Bowtech, we'll see what happens.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:12 AM

what do you think of my new avatar?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Took me awhile. LOL
Old 07-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gibblett,
You think you guys pay alot for gas? Reg unleaded these days runs for 1.05 a liter up here. Thats around 4 bucks a gallon down there.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeremy!

Before tightening down your mod screw's ,just dab some blue Loc-tite on them [do not use the RED or you'll never get them out again]and they'll not come lose again .I had this problem with a previous bow that I owned[Golden Eagle]and was told that all the mod screw's on any bow should be loc-tited with the BLUE to prevent this problem from happening again. Since then I alway's loc-tite them down, and have never had a problem with them coming lose . You still need to check them anyway's ,just for safety sake .

nubo
Old 07-11-2006, 10:45 AM

Is it just me or are there others out there that do routine maintence and checks on their bows often? I wouldn't hold someone else responsible if I didn't get the oil filter tight on my truck when I changed oil and it ruined my motor. I don't think it's BowTech's responsibility to supply another set of limbs to correct someone's lack of routine maintence but maybe they will anyways.

Good luck..
Old 07-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

UPDATE: Bowtech returned my emails first thing in the morning and I am glad to say all is well and they again prove why they are a great company to deal with. This was my first need of customer service and they took care of me. If anybody ever doubted Bowtechs commitment to service, don't !

Quick Reply: AAHHHHHHhhhh my bow's buggered up!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.