Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Limbs ?

Old 07-10-2006, 10:39 AM

Default Limbs ?

Alright, Well I have a 99powertec hoyt, and they still make this model...just more updated version, can you still get limbs for this?...and is it possible to put the new style limbs on it that aren't solid with the alpha shox in the middle and what not?....how much would this cost? thanks! Bobby
Old 07-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limbs ?

I'd call Hoyt, or a local Hoyt dealer.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

yeah the best thing to do and ask them all the questions you want, goood luck thanks
Old 07-10-2006, 07:23 PM

Well I called hoyt, they were friendly and told me they no longer make limbs for the older model hoyt, but if they did break or you wanted to upgrade you could put the newer style pocket split limbs on with the pocket system but it costs slightly over half of the price of a new bow....so this got me thinking...this is retarded.....Bow companies are out making the fastest better bow, instead of carrying products still to repair prevous models.....Its like the arms race for bows that who can keep up with the better bow....and this got me angry and really not one of those high top dollar bows because in a few years it will be in the same position my bow is in now, that you can't get parts for it....which makes me angry....and its not just hoyt doing this...there was a similar post below about a person accidently slipping and there bow firing damaging a plastic part which the company no longer makes.....this is dumb......and so that gets me thinking...and the guy at hoyt also told me the bow i have....99 powertec...redline cam, with solid limbs was prone to cracking the limbs.....and i should upgrade to the xt2000 limbs...which angers me...why would they make a product or at least not do anythign about it...or maybe he was telling me that cuz he sensed a newbie here and thought he could weasle a couple hundred dollars off of me....is this true?....do the limbs crack often?.....I hope not, what is the chance it will happen to mine if im careful with it?....thank you!