Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TRAIL CAM QUESTIONS??

Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TRAIL CAM QUESTIONS??

I ALREADY POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER FORUM BUT I DID NOT GET MANY HITS. I AM STILL USING MY DEER-CAM, NON-TYPICAL, IT TAKES GREAT PICS BUT IT IS KILLING ME ON FILM AND DEVELOPING COSTS. I AM INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE CUDDIEBACK(sp?) BUT WANTED TO HEAR INPUT FROM PEOPLE ALREADY USING IT. INPUT ON PICTURE QUALITY, HOW YOU VIEW PICS, IF THEY CAN BE VIEWED IN THE FIELD, ETC. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED. FEEL FREE TO INCLUDE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK OR PROBLEMS IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: TRAIL CAM QUESTIONS??

Film based trail cams were my primary reason for buying a digi .
I don't have a Cuddeback , but they get the best all around reviews of all of the trail cams . A lot depends on what level of quality you're willing to pay for and how much money you're willing to lose when it gets stolen . Notice that I said when not if , high dollar cams tend to grow legs no matter what you do . You might want to set your sights a bit lower and look at lower priced trail cams until you feel confident enough for a high dollar one . Getting a bear guard for it isn't a bad idea either .
Old 07-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

A couple weeks ago, I received the new '06 Cuddeback Expert digi. Thus far, after several images and video clips and having the chance to play with different settings I must state that I've been very impressed with the cams performance. The newly redesigned cam for '06 has a faster trigger speed, better flash and longer battery life and I believe it's going to live up to that billing. The settings and menu are easy enough and there is much potential and room for experimentation with this unit. I'd suggest that if the money isn't a problem, then order one soon. Image quality is very nice and the flash even on "Standard" is impressive. The flash also has a "High" setting for really illuminating and gettinglonger distance shots at night. I also love the fact that when taking video clips (10 to 60 seconds) the cam will ONLY take the video IF there is ample enough light to do so and when it is dark of heavily shadowed then it turns on the flash and still takes a quality still image. It's just a fun trail cam to run and MUCH, MUCH improved over the 2 Cuddebacks I have owned in the past.

standard (average) image, at a reasonable distance, that you'll get from the cam.

3MP day

3MP night, standard flash

IF CF Card is removed the unit will take a lower resolution 1.3MP image. I have a couple 512MB cards and don't plan on testing this feature again. I just wanted to see what they would be like for a day or two???

Old 07-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

well you could not get a cuddeback and get3 or 4 moultries, they have gotten great reviews for the price.Just a thought
Old 07-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

I ALREADY POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER FORUM BUT I DID NOT GET MANY HITS. I AM STILL USING MY DEER-CAM, NON-TYPICAL, IT TAKES GREAT PICS BUT IT IS KILLING ME ON FILM AND DEVELOPING COSTS. I AM INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE CUDDIEBACK(sp?) BUT WANTED TO HEAR INPUT FROM PEOPLE ALREADY USING IT. INPUT ON PICTURE QUALITY, HOW YOU VIEW PICS, IF THEY CAN BE VIEWED IN THE FIELD, ETC. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED. FEEL FREE TO INCLUDE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK OR PROBLEMS IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY.
I've had my Cuddeback for 6 months and love it. The pictures at night are perfect. I have had alot of blurry ones as the animals move during daylight. I have 2 CF cards. Switch to a fresh card and take home the card that was in the camera for viewing on the computer. The battery life is superior to all of the other cameras from feedback that I've heard. It uses 4 D batteries which are not cheap. I'm on my 2nd set since the end of January. If you liked your Deer Cam Non Typical you will love the Cuddeback, because they are the same company.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

How come where you posted your pics all i can see is a small box with a red X inside. Is there something wrong with my settings???????????????
Old 07-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

must be because i can see them