Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Trykon

Old 07-05-2006, 07:26 AM

Default Hoyt Trykon

Need advice on a new Hoyt Trykon. The bow has a BUZZ vibration sound in it when shot. I know its not add on stuff like sights and etc. I have taken those off one at a time, it is the bow. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt Trykon

Seems to me I read here that replacing the factory string silencers with wiskers ususlly works.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:45 AM

I replaced them with the Super StringLeech. Didn't seem to help much.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:30 AM

Check the cams for loose screws. If that's not it, Limbsaver makes an adapter that goes between your bow and stabilizer that does a good job of eliminatingvibration. Try it out.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

My Ultra Tech had a buzz and went away as the pro shop predicted after a few hundred shots. It sounded like a string buzz but sounded like it was coming from the limb pockets.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:18 AM

I replaced the string silencers from Hoyt with cat whiskers. That did the trick. I think that will fix your problem. I know you said you put on string leaches, but I would try the whiskers. All of my buddies have done the same with their Trykons. JMO
Old 07-05-2006, 08:29 PM

Cat Whiskers did the trick, It's hard to believe but it worked[:-]. Thanks guys!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:15 PM

i had a noise in mine and tried everything and then i put a winners choice string on it and it was gone. it doesnt make alot of sence to me but it seemed to be in the string for me.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Spike

Remove the sting shocks, I had the same problem on my Trykon XL. The string shocks must have been a last minute addition for 06 models.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:41 PM

I had the same thing with mine . My pro shop said it was the string they were right . Love the bow.I have a ultra Tec now for my back up.I am going to Ill. this year so I figured I should have a back up.Good luck,God bless

Quick Reply: Hoyt Trykon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.