Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

muzzy vs montec

Old 07-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Spike

Default RE: muzzy vs montec

Motown that's a shame, but if you like I would be happy to keep your treestands warm for ya till you get some non-WHA stuff to hunt with

I do all of my hunting in Kansas (lifetime license). What area in Kansas are you from?
Old 07-26-2006, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Howdy fellow Kansan. I hunt in Miami county by Hillsdale lake. Where do you do your bowhunting?
Old 07-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

GEEZ.....loaded question I have shot both and I am right now using the moptecs this year. They are both proven but it depends on what you are really looking for.....one thing is thatG 5 now has the striker that is replaceable blades but shaped just like the one piece montec.....goodluck[8D]
Old 07-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot both. They both kill if sharp. I like the montec cause you can target shoot or whatever and just sharpen it up and away you go. Muzzy blades have to be replaced and the $ adds up after awhile if you like to practice with your broads. Montecs are more money but save in the long run if you don't lose them[:@]. Besidesg5's shoot just like a field pt in my setup and muzzy's do not...
Old 07-28-2006, 10:24 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Muzzy makes practice blades.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:19 AM

G5 makes practice bh's too
Old 08-08-2006, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

100gr 4 blade muzzys going to upgrade to the mx4 this year, now talk abotu bad to the bone
Old 08-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

Muzzy with out a doubt! But I am shooting the 130 4 blade. Never had a problem with flight. Or the broadhead coming apart and I have blown through elk shoulder bones.
Gselkhunter
Old 08-15-2006, 03:03 PM

How dead do you want to kill those hogs!!!! Either broadhead will do fine on hogs. Which one does your bow like the best? I have killed with the G5 and a 4 blade muzzy. I produced 3 deer ghost and 2 hog ghost last year and the last thing any of them saw was a muzzy zipping through their lungs.

Let the muzzy eat.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

I went from Muzzy to Crimson Talon, bad choice by the way, and back to Muzzy. I bought a pack of Montecs on the recommendation of a friend that owns a bow shop and I could literally run my finger accross the blade without the fear of cutting my finger. I understand you can resharpen them but I expect a new item out of the box to be sharp without me having to do anything. He said that he had some issues with a shipment of them and exchanged them out. They did at no charge which was good but i decided last year that I will not waiver from Muzzy as they have yet to fail me.

Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain

Quick Reply: muzzy vs montec

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.