Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Bow?

Old 07-02-2006, 01:55 PM
RKP

Default New Bow?

I've been into archery now for about a year or two and i started out with a bottom line PSE bow to make sure i wud enjoy shooting and hunting. now im looking to upgrade to sumthing thats quiet and smooth, and even tho i kno that accuracy is more in the hands or the shooter than in the bow i wud like opinions on bows that hold good accuracy reps.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:15 PM

Default RE: New Bow?

I think you answered your own question. All the big bow companies make accurate bows. You need to go shoot as many as possible and I think the bow that best fits your shooting style will become clear. I can tell you my opinion on what bow i feel is the most accurate but you may not shoot that bow well. Go shoot.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Banned

Welcome!!!!!!Go to a pro shop and start shooting. read my sig; you may not like them for you but I love them.HCH
Old 07-02-2006, 06:59 PM

Set your price and go shoot as many as you can in that price range. Reflex makes an AWESOME bow for a terrific price, but there are literally hundreds of great bows out there. Have fun picking one out!

Things to look for:

Noise. Is it quiet or does it sound like a shotgun going off when you shoot it.

Vibration. There should be little, or even better, no vibration in the grip. You will feel it with your bow hand and it isn't nice. To go along with that is recoil. The bow shouldn't "jump" out of your hand when you shoot it.

Smooth draw. Most cams these days are similar in style, but some are just a whole lot smoother than others. Some of them feel like they are almost grinding when you draw them, and others are just smooth as glass.

Forgiveness. A bow w/ a longer ATA (axle-to-axle) is more forgiving than a short ATA. Also, a longer brace height is more forgiving than a shorter brace height. The trade off with brace height is speed. The longer the brace height the slower the bow (generally, w/ a couple of exceptions) but with the higher speeds comes less forgiveness.

The "Fun Factor." Is the bow fun to shoot. This is suppose to be fun, not work. If you don't enjoy shooting the bow, don't get it.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:36 PM
RKP

thanx for thw input guys.........mobohuntr ive looked at a few reflexes and they all seem to be good bows i personally like the highlander just from a veiwing and research standpoint wat does anyone know about this bow?