Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

drop-away rests

Old 06-29-2006, 10:00 AM
t3

Default drop-away rests

i was looking in to buying one of those drop-away rests but i was wondering which ones you guys prefer
Old 06-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: drop-away rests

You'll probably get lots of different answers with your question because it's really a matter of personal preference. There's a ton of fallaways on the market and they'll all do what they're designed to do if they're set up correctly and the bow is tuned.Having said that, my personal preference for hunting is the GKF Mirage. It has everything i want in a fallaway for hunting so thats what i use and recommend when asked. I don't shoot spots or 3d but if i did i would probably go with something else, not that the mirage wouldn't get it done because i'm sure it would but imo there's some better target rest out there.
Do a search using the keyword fallaways andi'm sure you'll probably come up with all kinds ofgood information. Mike

Old 06-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think they are all pretty good but I prefer my NAP Quicktune 2000. It is pretty simple, easy to set up, and dependable.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I have the Hoyt/Fuse and the Ultra-Rest and so far I like the ultra-rest better but the Hoyt rest has knob adjustments and the Ultra-Rest is a type that you loosen a bolt and move by pushing. Both are pretty good. I think the Hoyt is a NAP.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Ripcord andworks great for me.
Very easy to tune, took me 2 adjustment and shooting bullet holes with mine.
Total arrow containment great for stalking.
So far no complaints on the Ripcord yet.

Also look at the Qad ultra rest LD.

Old 06-29-2006, 08:05 PM

I prefer the dropaways made by APA. They are also a full containment rest so there are never any worries about a dropped arrow at the moment of truth.

www.apaarchery.com
Old 07-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

I prefer the HTM because, to me, it's the strongest built and most reliable of them all.

Sag.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Banned

I have had a trophy taker for 4 years and performs flawlessly. I have the original on my Trykon and the shakeyhunter on my Tribute. http://www.trophytaker.com/arrow_rests.aspx?model=shakey&type=arrow_rest HCH

Old 07-02-2006, 02:38 AM

In the world of dropaway rest I feel thereare a few things to consider.
1) If it's out of the way then you might as well have a containment feature .You don't even have to think about your arrow falling off.
2)The ridged arm is IMO more fail safe then the string,and is connected in to the guide Rather then the cables
Old 07-02-2006, 08:10 AM

www.schafferarchery.com

They make a custom rest for Hoyt,Mathews and a universal to fit all others. They also convert to a conventional rest if you decide you don't want a fall away.

Quick Reply: drop-away rests

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.