Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

No Peep Results

Old 07-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No Peep Results

Glad it worked for you . I didnt like it . One thing you mention is that you shoot with both eyes open , Im woundering if most of the guys and gals who have sucess with the nopeep do the same ? I shoot with one eye closed , maybe this is why , along with other variables that , pepole have diferant results .
Old 07-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just installed one and so far it seems like a good move. The dealer had installed a rubber type peep on my bow before I picked it up and I had not got around to replacing it yet with a tubeless one so I weighed my peep. You might be surprised that the darn thing weighed 55 grains!!!!! If you don't think taking 55 grains off your string is a good thing, think again.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

Glad it worked for you . I didnt like it . One thing you mention is that you shoot with both eyes open , Im woundering if most of the guys and gals who have sucess with the nopeep do the same ? I shoot with one eye closed , maybe this is why , along with other variables that , pepole have diferant results .
I shoot with both eyes open which is something I didn't do back when I used a traditional peep sight. I find it much easier to pickup and focus on my target. And it has made a noticable difference during low light conditions.

Old 07-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

No offense to those who like the No-Peep but I bought one and despised it. [:'(]
Terrible adjustments and poor construction, jmo.
Here's a link to a much better alternative.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=349114
No,I don't own one.

Sag.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:39 PM

I shot with a no-peepfor about 3 years. I think it helped me recognize consistant form as well as showed me when I was torquing the bow. The problem that I had was not grouping, BUT, getting the groups to hit the dot I was aiming at! It seemed that the groups floated around a bit, though they were tight. I went back to a large peep and shoot WAY better. For example, tonight, I shot 5 arrows from 45 yards. 3 of the 4 were in the 2 in dot and 2 were just outside of the inch dot and in the 4 in dot. Never could do that with a no peep.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the NP for about 5 years now and I think it's the best thing I ever put on my bow. I'm no longer a slave to a light robbing peep and it corrected my torquing problem.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sag, you are correct about the adjustabilty or lack there of on the no-peep. Talk about a trial and error set up, thanks for that link.
It's good to know there is a better design out there that accomplishes the same task in a more beneficial manner.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:11 AM

w/ the type sight i use i can't fit the anchor site on mypatriot - for 1 its huge w/ the lens the size of a quarter - and for 2 its huge all together.

i couldget it on my constitution. now - with the anchor site you may need to use shims to adjust it left and right if its not close to perfect out of the box. i don't like that idea though it would work.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

I bought two No-Peeps and gave one to my son a couple years ago . He loves it . Hardly ever looks at it any more . I finally put mine on a couple weeks ago and still don't have it adjusted . I get frustrated trying to get it right . Maybe if I take a couple tranquilizers 1st , I might have better luck !
Old 07-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good to know Gibblet. Ahh, money saved = money never spent.

Got too many other goodies on my wants list right now anyways.