Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 11-01-2002, 09:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-02-2002, 04:53 AM

Default RE: Helical fletching?

It does'nt really matter.Some people will say that if you shoot left handed you should have a right helical so the arrow will spin away from the direction of the riser.But when you release with fingers the arrow bends sideways around the riser.This is called paradox.If you ever watch a super slow mo video of a finger shot arrow at release you would be amazed at how much the arrow bends.As long as your arrows are the corect spine you should be ok.As long as the arrow is spinning either left or right and not knuckleballing your ok.Hope this helps.

Billy

WHACKEM N STACKEM
Old 11-02-2002, 06:36 AM

Ditto to what Caj wrote - and I would add - there are different amounts of helical available, I.E. different degrees of twist in the fletch. I prefer the MOST helical twist I can get - which should assist in starting the rotation sooner rather than a less radical twist.

Aim small miss small
Old 11-02-2002, 11:27 AM

I went from 6 drgree offset to full right helical, I shoot a MZE so clearance is no problem, I was dead on out to 35yards with straight and could hit a softball at 45-60. with helical I am dead on out to 45-50 my groups are smaller all the way out. as with the left or right don`t worry about it unless U are using blades that are offset to the shaft. my split-fires are right helical blades so my fletching is right so they do not compete with each other in steering

Evan
Archery Accessories
301-872-0110
Old 11-02-2002, 01:42 PM

I always shot mechanical broadheads. Recently went with Muzzys. Mechanical always shot the same as field points. When I shot the Muzzy practice blades I was about 12 inches low and 6 inches to the left. I had 4" fletching so I stripped off the fletchings and aligned my broadheads with my new 5" fletchings with a slight offset (don't know how many degrees offset). The were dead on after this. Shooting a 70-lb bow 29" draw and with Game Tracker CX Hunter 300 and 125 gr. 3 bladed Muzzys. The alignment of the broadhead with the fletchings and the longer 5" fletchings is what I believe corrected the problem.

The harder I work, the luckier I get!