Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New rest opinion needed!

Old 06-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default New rest opinion needed!

I have a Trophy Taker on my AR31 and for some reason i keep thinking about putting a Trophy Ridge Dropzone on it.The only problem i have with my TT is if i draw to quickly the arrow jumps off the rest. Any pros or cons about switching rests? Please help..........[/align]
Old 06-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New rest opinion needed!

I would try a new rest but keep the TT until you are sure what one you want to use.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:54 PM

Drop Zone is a good rest. I currently shoot one, but will soon be changing to the biscuit. Anyway, no worry of the arrow falling off while drawing, the rest moves straight up, straight down, is long gone by the time the fletching gets there, and it doesn't land on the shelf of your bow. That's the biggest problem I have w/ the TT.....no way I wanted that thing landing on the shelf of my beloved UltraTec. No way, moleskin or not.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: BROX

I have a Trophy Taker on my AR31 and for some reason i keep thinking about putting a Trophy Ridge Dropzone on it.The only problem i have with my TT is if i draw to quickly the arrow jumps off the rest. Any pros or cons about switching rests? Please help..........
[/align]
Quit drawing quickly; animals will see that. Draw like you hunt. You just need more practice with it. Trophy Takers are great and I have had one for 4 years and they are dependable, quiet, and accurate.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-29-2006, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the QAD ultrarest... total containment...
Old 06-29-2006, 06:40 AM

I switched from the TT to the dropzone and couldnt be happier! You couldnt pay me to switch back to the TT
Old 06-29-2006, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are having problems with your arrow falling off a TT, it is probably because of your pre-shot sequence, or because of the way you have your release attached to the string (i.e. loop, or nock points, etc).
Old 06-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

The TT is a good rest,iuse to have the Shakey hunter on my hunting rig and i had zero problems with setup and the way it performed. I just couldn't seem to get it quite enough for my liking no matter how much silencing material i put on the shelf for the launcher to land on so i sold it. I agree with Rick in that it sounds like the problem may be with your pre shot sequence or maybe you're pulling to much poundage.

I do just what you described, i practice in the backyard and hunt and if you do decide to try something else don't overlook thenew redesigned GKF Mirage.I personally think there's better rest out there for target shootingbut the Mirage is myrest of choice for huntingandthe only one i'll use on my hunting bow period. It's quite on the draw and the shot which is a must to me in a hunting rest and it also has great arrow containment. It'sa breeze to set up and tune and once it's set it stays put.Another thing i like is the fact that itwillcapture the arrowand center it when you draw no matter where it's at on the bow shelf so youcan stay focused on the shot itself. It's a very solidbuilt rest and an awesome hunting rest IMO!

Old 06-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like my TT, and actually trimmed the launch arm of the shaky hunter before they recently came out with the smaller arm. I haven't had any problems, don't have to adjust it, and it just works. No problems here.

Are you pulling too much weight by-chance, or is the valley too agressive on you're bow?
Old 06-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

I don't believe i am pulling to much poundage and as far as my draw sequence i draw my AR31 ram and ahalf perfectly vertical and horizontal.I don't cant the bow or have to lift up to draw.Ihave to really ease into the valley or the arrow jumps off the rest.I havehad mywith the TT for about 4years now.I had it on my PSE Firestorm single cam and had no problems but i have had my AR for a year and cannot keep the arrow on the rest all the time.As far as shootablity i have no problems with it.Just the draw!Thanks for everones input!

Quick Reply: New rest opinion needed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.