Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

adjusting a arrow rest

Old 06-27-2006, 09:44 AM

Default adjusting a arrow rest

I have a 2 pronged fixed rest, that has adjustable tension, I believe it is a NAP but not for sure, it looks a little older, but I am new to this whole bowhunting thing, i can hit what im aiming, but still learning as I go, how the heck do you adjust one of these things, I mean i know how to adjust the tension, but why would you do this, and how do I know how to adjust it, thank you for any advice and sorry for such a newbish question
Old 06-27-2006, 01:19 PM

Default RE: adjusting a arrow rest

the tension is for tuning purpose which create or destroy clearance.
To move the prongs left or rights there should be two set screws on the bottom of the prongs loosen them and move them which way you need to.
Have you had your bow Paper tuned?????
Old 06-27-2006, 05:14 PM

Default RE: adjusting a arrow rest

Well, I am new to this since october that I have been shooting and I can consistantly keep my arrows in a 6" by 6" square out to 35 yards, and It seems to shoot fine, I just adjust my new arrows knocks until it flies normal without hitting the vanes, I started tinkering with it and it didn't seem to make too much of a difference with the rest...so what should i do?