Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shooting Accuracy

Old 11-01-2002, 05:49 PM

Default Shooting Accuracy

I have just started shooting my new bow , but I'm having a hard time sighting it in. I put a Trophy Ridge Flatliner on and sighted the top pin in at 20 yards. I'll shoot fine after making an adjustment , but the next day , it seems like I'm off again. I'll make another adjustment , and so on and so on. Could this just be the fact that I'm just starting out , or do you guy's think it's technical ?
Old 11-01-2002, 07:40 PM

Default RE: Shooting Accuracy

If everything is tight, you are probably at fault. Nothing personal, but I'm that way too sometimes. Make sure you are not:
- canting the bow
- anticipating the shot and relaxing the bow arm or release hand early
- playing peeky boo with arrow before it hits the target

One simple thing that gets me back on track and is easy to keep consistent is: push, pull, aim, squeeze all at the same time.

Been there, done that.....
Old 11-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-02-2002, 12:44 AM

What type string is on your new bow. This is just a guess, but I'd say your string is still settling in. You have to shoot at least a couple hundred shots thru a new bow before tuning, or sighting in. Hope this helps. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown

Old 11-02-2002, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also make sure that your hand placement on the grip is the same everytime. Ive found that the "right" way of shooting isnt right if you cant repeat it everytime. Also, consistancy is the key. Try to find a method of gripping the bow that can be repeated the same every time, even under pressure. since I shoot a high wrist, I point my knuckles to the sky, and extend my thumb to the right (I grip the bow with my left hand.), and I simple slide my hand onto the top most part of the grip. Works great for me!
Old 11-02-2002, 04:47 AM

All of the above,and dont grip the bow with the palm of your hand.Try gripping with the web between your thumb and forefinger.Circle your topfingers around the bow,don't put a death grip on it.The more meat of your hand is touching the grip the more likely you are to torque the bow.Or you could use a wrist sling and shoot with an open hand.If you do that don't grab the bow after you release,just let it fall forward.Personaly I don't like to use a sling.Good luck,

Billy

WHACKEM N STACKEM
Old 11-02-2002, 06:39 AM

Ditto to all the above and - be sure that sight isn't moving.

Record the tick mark settings then shoot 100 arrows - when you are done see if it has moved. I tried numerous TR sites & they all moved with the thumbscrews - RNR'd with hex head bolts & I was able to tighten the dovetail down enough to hold it.

Aim small miss small
Old 11-02-2002, 03:52 PM

Thanks ,
To all of you guy's , for all of the help !
rlhanson