Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

CSS Contender

Old 11-01-2002, 12:49 PM

Default CSS Contender

Picked up the a new Contender with the solid top wheel this weekend.
Also shot a Swampmaster with the same wheel. Both bows had a dead solid wall and the SM was a very fast and forgiving bow. They had one setup at 30" ata.with about 7.25" of brace.for a short bow it was not very twichy.Ed McPherson said he was looking to bring this bow on the market soon.This should be a sweet ground blind bow.
Old 11-01-2002, 01:32 PM

Default RE: CSS Contender

I have a Swampmaster...Chuck put the solid wheel on it for me, thing shoots very, very nice. I've gotten some strange looks from some folks that have seen the solid wheel.....

Good luck with your new Contender...I'm sure you will be happy with it....

I anxious to see what the future holds with Ed onboard.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:06 PM

G'day fella's ,what's this solid wheel,is it bigger than the normal idler wheel .what difference dose it make to the bow are there any other changes with the css bows. i have been hunting with one for about 3years top bows....matt have a look at a few of my photo's at http://community.webshots.com/user/mattcss
Old 11-01-2002, 04:44 PM

Matt-
For a full description, I would recommend calling Chuck...he can tell you all about it.

I will try to sum it up..it is something new they have come up with and it is simply a solid idler wheel. It is my understanding that the wheel is machined on a lathe which enables it to be more precise in straightness....if you take it off the bow and spin it freely, it is hard to tell it is actually moving.....do the same with some other idlers and you can notice a slight wobble.

I'm sorry I can't really explain it any better...I would recommend giving Chuck a call. I believe that they are available for purchase by themselves to retrofit.