Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hole in a Blazer

Old 06-17-2006, 09:43 PM

Default Hole in a Blazer

Shot a 3D today and got a hole poked in one of my Blazer vanes. Wow did it shoot funny after thatIt did a LOT of cork screwin' on the way to the 50 yard target butt afterwards and I'm glad I put it away during the 3D shoot!
Old 06-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hole in a Blazer

I wonder why it did that, I knocked a nock of an my arrow today, I put it up too....
Old 06-17-2006, 11:52 PM

The 4 inch vanes I have been shooting, one vane can be 1/2 gone and it shoots way better than that Blazer[&:] It still hit the bull at 50 yards but it was seriously funny watching it fly
Old 06-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys should take a look at the low profile X-vanes if you need 4" for your local 3D's hunter class or for IBO, I got a box 2 days ago and already have my pro 22's fletched up with them and they fly great, and after several VERY tight groups I managed to split 2 pin nocks, but no fletching damage. They seem to be the same material as the blazer vanes so they have almost no memory. I also like the vanetec's but the low profile cut on these is awesome, and should outperform others in the wind.

Old 06-18-2006, 08:44 AM

That's why I shoot feathers, they can take a lot of abuse and still fly well. Vanes are nice until you mess one up. Then they can effect flight and are just as loud or louder than feathers.

Paul
Old 06-18-2006, 08:56 AM

Hm, I'm surprised it affected the flight. I have one arrow w/ pieces of Blazer missing from 2 different vanes and it still flies great.....That's the way it goes I guess, different for everybody.

Rick, I tried the Vanetek's and OH.............MY...........GOD...........those things flew AWEFUL! They sent me some samples, I fletched one arrow and threw the rest in the trash......horrible I tell ya, horrible. This is the first I've seen of the ones you refer to.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:05 PM

I got a free sample of the Vanetecs and thought they flew just fine. I took them off yesterday and refletched with blazers. The only reason I took them off is b/c I wanted to have all my arrows with the same vanes. I also think they wouldn't do well with BH's attached.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Hm, I'm surprised it affected the flight. I have one arrow w/ pieces of Blazer missing from 2 different vanes and it still flies great.....That's the way it goes I guess, different for everybody.

Rick, I tried the Vanetek's and OH.............MY...........GOD...........those things flew AWEFUL! They sent me some samples, I fletched one arrow and threw the rest in the trash......horrible I tell ya, horrible. This is the first I've seen of the ones you refer to.
If you had problems when you had vanetec's on your arrows, I would be shocked to find the problem stemmed from the vanes. I had great results with them, and Tim Gillingham has managed to win quite a few national events this year with them. Don't get me wrong, I really like my new X vanes a lot, but there is nothing wrong with vanetec's in my opinion.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with Mobow on this one. Yesterday I finally got a chance to set the 40 & 50yd pins on my new Dusk Devil II. At 50yds I punched a hole in a Blazer. ( I was pretty surprised at the groups I was shooting). Just for the heck of it after reading this thread I decided to try shooting it. I don't know why, I'll never use an arrow like that in the field, oh well. Anyway, I shot it from 30 and it flew just fine. No noticable noise or fishtailing. It just flew fine and hit the edge of the spray paint 4" circle on my target. I guess the type and location of the damage matters. Now it goes in the refletch pile. This was just an experiment and I'm done shooting this one until its repaired.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:48 PM

I also shot a hole in one of my Blazers and out to 30yrds it is fine but after that it starts to hit low. 1-2" at 40,3-4" at 50,and 5-6" at 60, but they are still good left to right.

Quick Reply: Hole in a Blazer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.