Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Cutter??

Old 06-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow Cutter??

Im in the market for an arrow saw, any suggustions?? Price is important... Id like to keep it cheap.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Arrow Cutter??

You'd have to rig up your own length jig and clamps , but this should do the trick:
Mini cut off saw
Old 06-13-2006, 11:42 AM

made my own harbor freight cut off saw. works great. left it in the rain and the jig set up got ruined but the saw still works. bought an apple pro. while it may not work better than the cheaper alternative, i cut 4 dozen arrow from both ends last night in about 10 minutes. couldn't do 1 dozen in 10 minutes with the home made rig. if price is important, time is money too. the home made rig will run your about $40 and an hour and a half to build (if you do a nice job and polyurethane your jig and stuff), and take longer to do arrows. the apple pro will run you about $160. depends how many arrows you're going to do i guess.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

i probably only will do about 1-2 doz. a year. Ive got 18 exising arrows i'd like to shorten an inch or so to stiffen my spine. And for me the time spent is "fun". So im not worried bout being in a hurry.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

I also use the mini from harbor freight. Just make sure that you buy extra blades for it. After two seasons of cutting arrows mine went dull and wouldn't give a clean cut.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I made my own, but spent a whole lot more than just buying the saw to start with.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:23 PM
t3

is there a specific blade you can buy that will cut carbons?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:25 PM

If any one has a pic of their jig, I would sure love to take a peak at it !
thanks in advance
Old 06-14-2006, 03:05 PM

The Harbor Freight saw is adequate for most as long as you pay careful attention to getting the arrows cut square.

I've used one for a couple of years with good results. Extra blades are available from a guy on ebay. He has his own little business selling these saws and the blades for them. He has a jig that looks pretty good, but I haven't tried it. When I bought blades last year, his service was very good.

Cabela's has a couple of new arrow saws in their new catalog. They are about $50 cheaper than comparable Apple saws. They also have little rollers on the backfor spinning your arrows. I think that I have one coming for Father's Day. I'll post my impressions when I've tried it out.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:16 PM

Harbor freight has the blades also, bought a saw today, the extra blades are $10.00 for three. NOW to figure out the jig!!!!!

Quick Reply: Arrow Cutter??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.