Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Serving on peep keeps coming undone.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Serving on peep keeps coming undone.

Today was the 3rd time my peep serving cam undone on the top end. I never had a problem from my proshop guy before when it came to serving.

My vibra-shox are not served at all. The top one flew off when my peep flew out of the string. I am thinking about replacing them with cat whiskers or whatever it is that everyone recommends when I get the peep re-tied.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Serving on peep keeps coming undone.

Well having taken my peep off a couple of weeks ago cured me of any such problem. Give it a try while your peep is off. You may be surprised at the results. If your anchor is consistant I think you'll like it. If not just put your peep back in. What have you got to lose besides shooting with a peep?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:18 PM

You know I tried that a couple times tonight but did not really give it a chance. I couldn't stand the string buzz. Will give it another shot tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

My string got quieter with all the crap off it. Now I have a string loop and cat whiskers and that is all. Took off the peep, the kisser, and the nock ring that was inside my loop. I am much happier with this set up. Good luck and let me know how you do!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:33 PM

I will let you know.

I haven't told anyone this except for MoBow but I might come out the proshop with a different bow altogether. I just can't seem to "bond" with my Trykon the way I wanted. The draw cycle on it scares me too b/c I'm afraid I may spook a deer drawing back. I like it smooth all the way.

Shhhhhhh...
Old 06-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love how smooth my Diamond is but I pulled a Ross back at the shop the other day.... WOW. I hadn't planned on buying a new bow soon, its been less than a year but that Ross really impressed me. I need to stay away from that shop! LOL!
Old 06-17-2006, 04:10 PM

Ducsauce,

There is an excellent guide to serving in your peep or silencers at the website for Besherse Brothers archery. It's really very simple to do it yourself, but I always need to look at the series of pictures to wrap the serving the right way.

I printed a copy and have it next to my Easton Tuning Guide, both are great information.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Go over to www.archerytalk.com and do a search for LeEarls set up and tuning video and purchase one. The best $12 I spent on archery in a while. Shows how to do many things and they are shown very well. I never tied in a peep before and with his method I tied my first in and it hasn't given me a problem yet.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:43 PM

Thanks for the link uphunter. I need a couple good videos on how-to's. I don't have this problem any longer at the moment since I traded bows but will check out the video.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Here is the link to the message on the forum for you. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=336524

Hope it helps you out!!!

Quick Reply: Serving on peep keeps coming undone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.