Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shooting from an elevation results in 4-5 inches to left???

Old 06-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: shooting from an elevation results in 4-5 inches to left???

Thanks boys. Problem solved! Just shot 20 arrows and was 92% accurate. Concentrated on keeping the bow upright and I made sure that I bent at the waist
Old 06-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to disagree with the idea of canting the bow. I've been shooting too long and know that at hunting distances you just can't cant the bow far enough to make a 4-5" difference without really laying the bow over.

And I doubt that it would make any difference if the third axis was out of kilter because this sight doesn't have any adjustment for it anyway.

My guess is that the man just isn't executing his shots correctly from an elevated position.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

I'm going to disagree with the idea of canting the bow. I've been shooting too long and know that at hunting distances you just can't cant the bow far enough to make a 4-5" difference without really laying the bow over.

And I doubt that it would make any difference if the third axis was out of kilter because this sight doesn't have any adjustment for it anyway.

My guess is that the man just isn't executing his shots correctly from an elevated position.
Canting the bow makes a big difference in my point of impact. That and torquing the grip.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that canting the bow can make a difference, but not 4-5" at 20 yards or so. Basically what I'm saying is that if a guy is canting the bow that much then he sure as heck knows it. And the other thing that goes along withshooting right or left is that the shot should be lower than normal.