Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Snapping Noise on TR Dropzone ?

Old 06-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Snapping Noise on TR Dropzone ?

Does anyone think theirs is too loud? If so, have you found a way to quiet it down. I know this rest is excellent as far as operaion and setup. I'm shooting 1 to 2" groups at 20yds consistently and really don't wanna change rests again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, LT
Old 06-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: Snapping Noise on TR Dropzone ?

I emailed Trophy Ridge and asked them that same question. They sent me a .pdf file with how to make it quieter. I haven't had the chance to try it yet as I do not have any o-rings small enough to do what they ask yet. I will be looking for some soon.

If anyone is interested in the file please email me and I will send you a copy! My email is [email protected]
Hope this helps!

Dave
Old 06-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use a drop zone but i understand that they now make an o-ring kit that comes standard with the newer modelsthat will make it quieter. I've heard that they have very good customer service and if you call them they will probably send you one for free. I'm not sure about all this i'm just repeating what i've read and heard aboutTR and thedropzone. I'm sure someone that has actually dealt with them will soon respond to your post.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

I had a DZ and noise was one of three problems I had with it. Didn't think I should have to do something else to it to make it quiet. Should come that way for over $100 IMO. I sold it and got a cheap GWS drop away that worked like a charm. I've come to the conclusion that drop aways are fantastic, as it really improved my accuracy, however - the simpler the better. The next one I buy will be a GKF TKO, Copper John Scardy cat, DMI Expert or Universal, or similar simple design.