Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Success!!

Old 06-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Success!!

Just want to say a thanks to all of you who have given advise bout rests/accessories and arrows. I bought last years QAD ultra rest (on sale) and installed it myself. I shoot a Hoyt Vtec and previously shot a WB. I had to move my nocking point up so the rest would get clearance. Used a bow square and level and got it set up nicely. First shots at the paper and I had 3 perfect bullet holes. My groups to 25 yrds have improved from 4" to 1". At 50 yrds I was getting a 4" group. Needless to say I was extatic w/ the performance of my QAD.

Also, I added a SIMS cable gaurd damper and mini savers... quited my bow down amazingly.

I was concerned bout the noise the rest made when i was testing it... I have a SIMS insulator wrap on the grip that i re-wrapped to go over the bridge where the rest was making slight contact. This cut the rest noise about 75% and didnt affect fletching clearance - Helped alot!!

Thanks to all for the help! This was the first step in "re-tuning" my bow that the proshop poorly set up. Next is to shoot lighter tips, my foc is 20% and refletch w/ a right helical and blazers! Thats after next paycheck. If im shooting this consistent now, I cant wait tillI get that done!!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:48 AM

Default RE: Success!!

im glad you were able to do it yourself. Each time you do it you will learn something new. Stick with it.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great, now keep practicing and here's wishing you have an outstanding season.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll second the other 2! Pile'm up!
Old 06-07-2006, 05:45 PM

Nothing like the feeling of getting it done yourself!!!! Congrats, and good luck!!
Old 06-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Great to hear of your success. I beleive that the more you can do on your bow yourself, the better you will shoot that bow. It will become more of a part of you and you will be far more comfortable with it. I'll bet you will be shooting 1" groops alot further than you ever thought you could. Keep shooting and good luck.