Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Does lighter arrows= rest adjustment???

Old 05-19-2006, 10:05 AM

Default Does lighter arrows= rest adjustment???

I am currently shooting CXL hunter arrows(12gpi) from carbone express. I am going to try a different set-up for my allegiance this year. I am going to go with a lighter arrow about 9-10 gpi and use a mechanical or smaller fixed blade broadhead. I have the trophy ridge guide series rest. Willi needto make adjustments to my rest if i shoot a lighter arrow?

Thanksfor your help,

and happy scouting!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does lighter arrows= rest adjustment???

You will probably have to retune (move your rest) for the new arrow combination.

Each bow has a specific set of conditions for each arrow combination that shoots the best. Rarely do these match up with multiple sets of arrows.

You will also have to adjust your sights as your bow will shoot faster with the lighter arrow.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your arrow flight and bareshaft / broadhead tune testing will tell for sure.
Test it, but I'll bet you'll be changing something.

Anytime you change anything, you stand a very good chance of having to make and adjustment. Moving your rest is one thing you can do to adjust the tune, but there are others. Some guys are very precise about alignng the arrow with the bow's centershot, and will not move the rest from that position. They'll change everything else first, including the arrows.

If you're not sure what else to change to make the adjustment, download the Easton tuning guide.

The sights, will be the last (least important) thingyou adjust since they have absolutely nothing to do with obtaining proper arrow flight.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

The lighter arrows will have a different spine, and most likely a different diameter, so yes, you will need to retune.