Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Free to a good home.........

Old 05-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Free to a good home.........

Anyone that wants to try to seriously learn how to use a hinge release, I have one for you. It is nothing special, an old school Stan 2.5 finger hinge with a reversible moon on it so you can shoot it w/ a clicker or without. It is not pretty, but will definitely work until you get the hang of shooting a hinge and want to get something else that you prefer more. Let meknow if you want it and I will get it in the mail in the next few days. The only thing I ask is when your done with it, pass it on to someone else who wants to learn.

*If you end up knocking your teeth out or breaking your nose with it, I am not responsible. [8D]
Old 05-11-2006, 04:23 PM

Default RE: Free to a good home.........

PM sent.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Newman1 was the first guy to ask for it in a PM. I have asked him to put up a similar thread on HNI so our members can try it when he is done with it. I would like to keep this one in the hands of HNI members........

Do yourselves a favor guys and take a tiny bit of money when you try a hinge/bt release and buy the book core archery by Larry Wise if you get this in the future. It will save you a lot of frustration and hopefully a fat lip or two.........you can get it from lancasterarchery.com for cheap.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice post, Rick.

I busted myself in the nose once trying something similar, so I had to laugh at your disclaimer!
Old 05-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

Another good BT resource for those of us who happen to lean a bit toward the ADD side of things is the VHS or DVD marketed by Zenith Archery (www.zenitharchery.com)
Old 05-29-2006, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Anyone that wants to try to seriously learn how to use a hinge release, I have one for you. It is nothing special, an old school Stan 2.5 finger hinge with a reversible moon on it so you can shoot it w/ a clicker or without. It is not pretty, but will definitely work until you get the hang of shooting a hinge and want to get something else that you prefer more. Let meknow if you want it and I will get it in the mail in the next few days. The only thing I ask is when your done with it, pass it on to someone else who wants to learn.

*If you end up knocking your teeth out or breaking your nose with it, I am not responsible. [8D]
OK guys i am passing this baby on as promised.If interested i will get it in the mail .
Old 05-30-2006, 06:05 AM

how's your lip newman?
Old 05-30-2006, 11:50 AM

Bigger than Mike Tyson's when Buster Douglas busted him in the chops.lol
Old 05-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: newman1

Bigger than Mike Tyson's when Buster Douglas busted him in the chops.lol
Uh oh.........hahaha. I know Mobowhunter was second in line when I put this up, hopefully someone can take advantage of this and keep it in the HNI family.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:28 PM

i have a release fetish, so no matter what i say, don't send it to me. you'll never ever hear of it again. just ordered a custom 2 finger brass one from that fellow on here, and a carter 2 finger solution 2.75. thing is, i like the one i'm shooting, and the scott i don't shoot - like it too. its just a fetish i think.

Quick Reply: Free to a good home.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.