Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My Tribute came in!! I've got a few?? now

Old 04-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: My Tribute came in!! I've got a few?? now

Congrats on the new Tribute. Putting bow Bowtechs side by side makes a nice looking stable.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bow, Dave. Looks like you found one that you are happy with.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a nice looking bow, Im thinking about geting one to replace my old pse. Good to see the speeds, lets me know what I could be getting.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

CM, thanks- they do look good together. The Patriot is just as smooth with the STS installed and for now quieter (no sight-yet).

JOE PA- I shot through paper again last night just to see if the move I made since leaving the shop required any adjustments- nothing bullets from 3,6,12,15 & 20 yards. I stopped there and stepped back to 30 and pulled off a4 shot group with 3 arrows touching & 1 that strayed to the right ~1"- one of the shot's had a mosquito distraction involved so I'm claiming the stray on it. Almost too easy.
If it wasn't for the VBG pro-slide making noise I'd be in hog heaven with this set up. But now I have to tackle that. (It might be the drop zone making the clunk, but I just had the upgrade done on it- so I'm blaming the slack I can feel in the sightfor now).

The tuning on the Tribute has come so easily I found myself tinkering with the Patriot again- finally got the shaky hunter working on it too(it was tuned with the DZ before I yanked it). I think it felt the boot coming so it straightened up for me!

Rankbull, depending on your definition of "old PSE"- just about anything out there is going to be a step up. The Tribute would be a great replacement, but don't over look the Tomcat while your shopping if price is a concern.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:57 AM

Dave,
kinda wondered what poundage the "average" off the shelf 60# bows were running maxed out?
Old 04-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

60# give or take a decimal point or two.
The 60#er my dealer had in stock was only pulling 59#,didn't want to get too far below my normal 65#.

My dealer went to the dealer school and was really impressed how tightly spec'd each string and cable came out and once matched to the limb/bow most were coming off the line right on the goal poundage.

I only specified over 60 cause I didn't want the hassle of trying lorder another if mine came in at59.5er. I know it wouldn't really make a hill of beans difference, but it'sall about the numbers to me [8D].
Old 04-22-2006, 10:32 AM

Thanks DaveC. I'll keep that in mind when looking.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:24 PM

hey dave i got a tribute about ten days ago and i shoot 28" @ 61lbs with speed modules and got 300fps with a 325 grain arrow!! tribute rocks!!!!