Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

cobra sidewinder

Old 04-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Spike

Default cobra sidewinder

Do any of you who use or have used the sidewinder find that the red pins aren't as bright as the others. I have trouble seeing them in low light conditions. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what pin colors do you use? And what size pins?
Old 04-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: cobra sidewinder

In the color scheme of fiber optics, the reds are the least bright. I've found that green shows up first and last the longest, then yellow and then red. You are not alone and it's not isolated to Cobra.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Same as was stated in the earlier post, I bought the light system for it towards the end of bow season and it works very well. You only need it on for a few minutes in the morning and same in the evening. Light kit was about $20.00 at Cabelas'.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:17 PM

They're making a blue pin for the Sidewinder now, anyone tried that one?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Typical Buck

theres a light kit you can get for you pins and its real easy to use all u do is turn a knob and ur pins are brighter than ever before
Old 04-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Spike

Well I got rid of all my red pins last night on it and bougth another green and yello. So now I go green, yellow, green, yellow, green. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:09 AM

I use sidewinder sights, and find them to be very easy to see in low light, and I have poor low light vision. I should also point out that I do not use a peep sight, so that does make a big difference.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

All you have to do is go down to one pin. Use a green and the problem is solved. I tried this this year and it works great. I wish I had done it years ago. I don't plan on missing any deer this year unless brush or another tree sneak out and grab my arrow. Mike
Old 04-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, red is always the first to go00not glow. I use it for my 40 yard pin for 3D. Lord knows, with these almost 60 year old eyes if I can't see the pin I sure as heck can't see the target.

Same goes for hunting. If I can't see a pin I got nbo business shooting that far. Of course, for hunting I use a single pin anyway. Sighted in properly with a reasonably fast bow (264 fps) this is good for 30 yards. And for most deer hunting anything beyond this is on the verge of unethical for the majority of shooters.

Of course, your type of game and hunting situations may differ.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

They're making a blue pin for the Sidewinder now, anyone tried that one?
Interesting to know the outcome myself.With green being the most widely used pin for brightness you would think a blue fiber optic pin would have the same brightness.
Red is the least bright out of the 3 big pin colors,with yellow being the second most used pin on a combo pin setup.

Quick Reply: cobra sidewinder

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.