Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

UltraTech

Old 03-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default UltraTech

Just got my UltraTech today. Gawd the draw is so nice and SMOOTH. It is so much a smoother bow than my T-Master VPS. I have one (of many to come I am sure) guestion for you guys. After drawing the bow a few times my peep has turned. How do I put it back to where it belongs? It is a 'super ball peep'.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:37 PM

Default RE: UltraTech

Congrats!!! I sure do like mine!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Congrats!!! I sure do like mine!
So its not my imagination it is that good. Do you have the 2000?
Old 03-31-2006, 08:53 PM

Yep. XT 2000. They come in the 3000 variety, but the ATA is longer. And no, you aren't imagining. It REALLY is that nice. I'll have mine forever and a day!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

It will take quite a while to loose this thrill for sure. Any comments on turning the ball peep? It is a tubeles/stringless type. I suppose I will have to shoot it for a while before doing anything with it.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:13 PM

Yep, I got my UltraTech thefirst year they came out and I still haven't found anything better!

Can you slip a strand from one side of the peep to the other? That'll change its alignment.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot it a few more times and see if it will settle down. If it continues to turn the strings/cables are stertching due to poor quality (sad but true) and will continue requiring constant adjustments untill replaced with good ones. You need a press to change the peep rotation. By putting a twist or 2 in the string is the fix. If it can't get far enough or goes too far after twisting is when you swap strands from one side of the peep to the other (micro adjusting).

My 05 protec came with poor strings and contiued to strech until I replaced them with 452x strings made by Gibblet. Highly recommend the string and maker. After 200 shots the bow has stayed where it was set and the peep has changed only minutly and I atribute that to things just setting in. It has never sent shafts out so well although it killed deer last season inspite of the strings. Shot one deer dead even after the peep refused to turn even after bitting at it for a while.

Check your ata and I would guess it's off by a 1/4" already. The peep should not move if your string don't stretch.

Love my Protec! My brother pick one up this year and feels the same! We will be shooting side by side this season and I pitty the deer. The strings need replaced and it is worth it!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

And how many of you guys wanted to order another after shooting their new Hoyt???? Help...I'm getting stupid...what the fudge, I know you can't have too many shotguns, rifles and handguns buttttt.

Nodog, did yours come with fuse strings? Should I replace them right a way?
Old 04-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

No mine didn't and the fuseare supposed to be better. My brothers did, I haven't heard from him lately. If your peep is moving it's a good indication that they are not much better.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

While the new Fuse strings are better than the old D75 hoyt strings they are no where near the quality of something like a Pro String, Berry Strings, or Winners Choice. To boot, the cables are still D75. What this means to you.....the string and cables will never stop stretching.

If you are even remotely considering shooting a peep without an aligner, the first thing I would do is replace the entire string and cable set with a good custom set in something like 452X.

Quick Reply: UltraTech

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.