Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pse Super G Force

Old 03-16-2006, 03:42 PM

Default Pse Super G Force

Does anyone have one of these? They say that it is a Cabelas exclusive and I can't find much feedback about them. Are they any good? Should I go with something else, or would this be a good beginner bow? Thanks for the help
Rob
Old 03-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pse Super G Force

I used to have a Baby-G by PSE and a Super Nova they were both good bows,will kill anything out there that you hunt with the right stuff.
BBJ
Old 03-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

The original PSE "G-Force" and "Baby-G" were both wrist slapping rockets in their time......very radical high reflex designs with low brace heights made them very critical to fit and form for good accuracy.
The Baby-G is widely known as the wrist slapper of all wrist slappers.

Assuming without seeing one, just the fact that they are using the "G-Force" name, and now in conjunction with the word "Super" leads me to believe that this new bow might be cut from the same mold.......which ultimately would lead me to say that it probably would not be a smart selection for a beginning archer/bowhunter.

..........or I could be wrong and the new "Super" version has nothing in common with it's older cousins. If you see it advertised with a brace height in the 6" or less range, run and hide.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:06 PM

They state that the brace height is 7 1/4 inches. It is pretty much a parralel limb bow. I like the looks and the package price. I will only replace the rest with a wisker biscut.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

mrfishnhunt,

Well that certainly sounds a little more friendly than the G-Force models I remember.
Sounds like an OK bow, but as a beginner I will make a blanket statement to you that I would make to anyone just getting started.

A local Pro-Shop is going to be your best source for a successful start into the sport and they might have a bow (or even be able to get this one in for you?) that you would enjoy even more.
A good shop will also be able to fit you properly, help with form, accessories, shooting and set up tips etc etc etc.
The extra couple $$$ that you might spend at the shop for a bow vs. Cabelas will be much better served in the long run, than buying a bow somewhere else and then taking it to a shop to be set-up.
Many good shops will offer you free set-up, and the peace of mind of continuing support throughout your relationship with the bow and the shop itself.
If you buy a bow elsewhere and take it to a shop , expect to pay for their services as you would in any other professional arena.
The value of these services will far outweigh any additional up front costs.