Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

FOC ? for arrow techies

Old 10-24-2002, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default FOC ? for arrow techies

I have a dozen new beman ics hunters, and was thinking of trying some of the eze crest wraps. I shoot 100 grain muzzy's, with 4 inch vanes. According to the selection chart on the jackson website, I would be shooting a 9.1 foc. I believe the wraps are suppose to add 10.5 grains in weight to the shafts. I usually shoot easton super nocks at 13 grains, but could switch to the bohning nocks which only weigh 8 grains. I know that I could use feathers, or go to 125 grain heads. At my draw length and weight the 340 shafts would still be spined right. I am however fond of my 100's, and shooting vanes, and would like to stick with them. Will this make an unstable arrow, as they will be used just for hunting? Thanks, and give me some suggestions. I know I could just use the vanes and go, but man, those wraps sure are perty. Good luck this season.
Old 10-24-2002, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: FOC ? for arrow techies

IMO if you wanted to add the wraps you should either increase point weight or switch to feathers. I would opt for switching to feathers since they offer more broadhead stability and are more forgiving. You said your current setup is 9.1% which is actually lower than what I prefer for hunting. I like to be at least above 10% for hunting and if you increase the weight on the rear end of your arrow, you will likely go down to around 8%. That is nearing the range where stability may be an issue. I hope this helps and you are right those wraps sure are nice looking, especially the elites.