Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Grip

Old 03-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Grip

Last night I was able to shoot several new models of 2006 bows. The 2 I liked the most was the Hoyt Trykon and Bowtech Tribute/Allegence. Both shot great, but I am kind of leaning towards the Bowtech though due to size and weight difference, and the draw just felt much better.

I like everything on the Bowtech except for the grip. It looks nice but felt completely different than other bows i've shot... in a bad way. The grip had a squarish feel that didn't seem to fit my hand. Especially when comparing the grip on the Hoyt, there was a difference between day and night...

I know this was just my personal experience, but are there any ways to change the grip on this bow? I like everything about it, and I'm sure the squarish feel would "grow" on me. But would like to see if there are other grip options out there. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Grip

Yeah, I have the shrewd on both my bows, gibblet also was the first round here to try the johnson custom grips as well. They both seem to be quality pieces.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:28 AM

You can change the grip to one that suits your hand the way you like but you'll ruin the original when trying to remove it. Find the shape you think you like better before you buy or remove the original before you spend a lot of money on something you "think" will feel better. You can make your own if you have tools. Go slow and get the feel of what you change before you put it on the bow permanently
Old 03-08-2006, 10:02 AM

You can also sand or grind the original grip. I've done that on some of mine. Just be careful not to mess up the riser. When you have it like you want, rub some finish into it.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

You can change the grip to one that suits your hand the way you like but you'll ruin the original when trying to remove it. Find the shape you think you like better before you buy or remove the original before you spend a lot of money on something you "think" will feel better. You can make your own if you have tools. Go slow and get the feel of what you change before you put it on the bow permanently

I was going to do just that.. While I kept my grip off whileI continued shooting my bow and loved the feel just off the riser.. I then wrapped it using the soft part of Velcro the large size about two inches wide.. I love my grip now.. not pretty but works great for me, and fits just right.