Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which 3-D rest?

Old 03-05-2006, 07:46 PM

Default Which 3-D rest?

I'm just getting started shooting 3-D and was wondering what the top pros use for a rest? I have a bodoodle on my bow now and am not very happy wth it.Could someone please give me a suggestion? Thanks

[/align]
Old 03-05-2006, 08:20 PM

Default RE: Which 3-D rest?

Trophy Taker !!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I compete in 3D Archery on theLocal, State , National, Pro/Am and World Level, and travel from State to State to do so because we enjoy it so much... I see alot of Golden Key Premiers( The Premier was my favorite Tournament and bowhunting rest until I found the Infiniti Dropaway Rest).. Some Trophy Takers... but by far the most popular rest I am seeing is the Golden Key Infiniti Rest.... I have been shooting the Infiniti Dropaway for both 3D and Bowhunting and have been extremely impressed with it... its become a very popular rest at the ASA PRO/AM and IBO Tournaments.. The Infiniti Dropaway provides you with multiple Launcher choices, be it Lizard Tongues or Prongs and they are included with the rest...is micro tunable...has self tightening screws for windage and elevation so you dont have to worry about stripping out the heads tightening them down... gives you ample room to ajust the windage and elevation... has ajustable tension for the launcher system..has a ajustable position arm that attaches to the drop cord... and has a tuning gauge on the side of the rest....its very quiet and I have never had a problems with any of the 3 Infiniti Drop Away Rests that I own... it is a bit pricey but I feel well worth it and just about everything in archery is gettingto darn expensivethese days.
I have a friend shooting Pro Division whom is shooting the Trophy Taker Rest but I havent had the time yet to try it out and explore its Pro's and Con's.
Take a look at www.asaarchery.com and click on the photo's section and you can see some close up shots of lots of the Pro's shooting and see what rests they are shooting etc for yourself.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:06 AM

Thanks for your help....now I need to go shopping!!! Was told at the local sport shop that the Whisker Biscuits are really popular,but I wasn't sure if thatwas so among 3-d shooters or not?...I thinkI'll go with the Golden Key rest though,would that be a good choice?

[/align]
Old 03-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Whisker Biscuit Rest is a very popular rest , especialy amonst Bowhunters. I do see some using them on the local 3D Courses but rarely see them on the National Tournament Circuit.
As long as you get a good quality rest ,be it what ever brand you choose ... just as long as your rest and your bow are properly tuned and your arrows are properly spined and setup proper you'll do fine... the rest of the shooting equaztion is all about you and your shooting form and ability to properly exucute the shot and judge the yardage corectly
Have a good time on the 3D Course