Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Have you guys seen this approach with cams?

Old 10-23-2002, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Have you guys seen this approach with cams?

I shoot a Diamond Hornet. I was checking their web site yesterday (all this new for 2003 talk had me wondering) and for chits and giggles I downloaded their 2002 brochure.

Apparently, on the BT Saber-tooth post feed cam design, they have introduced modular systems to emulate different draw cycles of various bows, interchangable without the need for a press. You can get the standard 80% let off module (which I had and ditched) that delivers 100% of IBO rating and draws like a hard single cam, a 65% let off module that delivers 100% IBO with the same draw cycle of the 80%, a module designed "to feel just like a smooth two cam bow, yet without the harsh rolloever and a slightly longer valley" that delivers 97% of IBO and a module that "draws like a nice, smooth energy wheel, has an extended valley", yielding 93% of IBO.

My hornet is rated at 318 fps. With the "energy wheel" module the rating would be just under 296 fps, but may draw like butter? I've never shot an energy wheel OR a smooth two cam, but I'm toying around with the idea of buying both (I think they're only $6 per module) and seeing what they're like, especially with all the drooling over the new Bowtech wheel bow at 312 fps. I assume they will still have the solid wall, seing how it's still a single cam?

Is anyone familiar with this approach or concept?

Old 10-23-2002, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have you guys seen this approach with cams?

I saw that when they put that info up a few months back.

I like Diamond products, but honestly I don't see how they could achieve such radical differences in feel by changing the rather small section of track that the PF cam has as modular.

Sounds very iffy to me. I'd have to see it (err... in this case "feel" it) to believe it.

It would be a great thing though if possible!

JeffB