Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

letting down poundage

Old 10-23-2002, 09:25 AM

Default letting down poundage

I have a PSE bow that i would like to start letting my girlfreind shoot but she cannot pull it back so I want to let down the poundage. How do you know how many turns you can go so that it does not come clear out.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:02 AM

Default RE: letting down poundage

The problem most have with turning a bow over to allow someone else to shoot, especially from an adult male to a girlfriend or child, is that they have a twofold dilemma. First, the poundage is normally in the 70# range and can't approach the average 40 pounds needed for this group of potential shooters. Second, the draw length is usually too long which puts the force/draw cycle at a very awkward status for them.

This is where a good PRO Shop is necessary. I'm not saying that it can't be done, just that we see too many cases where it shouldn't be attempted. It can ruin the future of the potential archer.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-23-2002, 07:30 PM

Default RE: letting down poundage

Ditto. Been there and done that. Also, you ain't lived til you had one come apart on you cause you turned it down too much!

"Size isn't important, but it HELPS!!!"